All reviewsfall rivercinnamon bunspancake makerhi expressrhode islandmain roadplace to stayfree breakfasthot waterindoor poolbattleship covebagelsnice stayclean roomsnice roomearly checkbusiness center
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were turned away on our wedding night because they overbooked and had no rooms available we paid for the room 3 weeks before and made it clear that it was for our wedding night this place is a joke and we do not recommend holiday inn and will never be staying at any of their establishments anywhere

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjrobert09umass
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Just mediocre for such a large chain. Room was clean but there was some damage in tub area. Beds weren't comfortable and pillows were horrible, just mush.
We were deciding where to eat breakfast,we were told(free breakfast) was very good,they were wrong.
Pancake maker, I was told was made by a famous Rubber Co. Rest was standard fare which was ok but we all said, we should've gone to a breakfast restaurant.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2018

The hotel reception staff were friendly on check in and check out and answered any questions I had. The room itself and the bathroom was spacious and seemed very clean.The fridge in the room worked well and the bed was comfortable.
The downside of the hotel was that the walls and ceilings are thin and you can hear what is happening in the room next door as well as feel the vibration when someone closes a door down the corridor. I was woken up at 2 am by someone in the room above walking around and talking which was unpleasant.
The hot water wasn't terribly hot but the flow was good. In the hand basin it was hard to get any hot water at all.
Staff were great, but really the noise is an issue.

Room Tip: Try the 3rd floor so there is no one above you.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel as we were travelling to Fall River for a funeral.

During our stay there was no hot water, we informed the front desk, and they provided us a key for an other room on the floor as a temp solution. This room also had no hot water. We all showered in cold water after our 10 hour drive in. When leaving for the day we informed the desk to have somene take a look as the room attendant on the floor said it was a simple filter change.

When returning around 9-10pm, we got back to the room and still no hot water. Heidi at the front desk offered to change our room, but both my parents are older and this was not the right choice to make for us.

She offered 5000 points. At check out I spoke to Shawna, and explained my frustration and asked what other option I have as i don't need the points.

Shawna was in agreement and said the night would be taken care of, but that the refund would be issued on Tuesday when Heidi was back.

I haven't seen the reversal of the charge, if this could be done.

I have emailed the hotel 3 times and they have not yet reached out. It seems as if they offer false promises and ignore them.

I work in the hotel industry and this is absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully this will prompt a response and my refund!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mr-Travel21
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I neglected to post this review in a timely fashion as it is now overdue. My stay was the beginning of January of this year and I arrived there the day after the huge snowstorm where the entire area probably had a foot or more snow. This Holiday Inn Express had the snow in the parking lot in the main entrance clear it as best could be considering the circumstances. I was staying in the area to visit my mom who lives nearby.

Upon my initial arrival, I was greeted by two very professional but cordial employees. I believe one's name was Heidi who I think was the supervisor, and the other person was a trainee I believe her name was Allie. They were both extremely polite, professional, and helpful. Having employees like this only makes one stay that much more pleasant. Numerous times when I entered or left through the lobby I was greeted by name which is quite impressive. They always asked if there was anything they could do to make my stay more comfortable.

The hotel and the room itself seem to be very well kept up; my room was clean and comfortable and quiet, which are the three things most important to me during a stay. If I had to offer something constructive the only suggestion I may add is in regards to the breakfast that is offered. Some of the "continental" type items seemed stale. But then again I'm not a big fan of the hi Express breakfast no matter the location.

All in all, an enjoyable stay with great staff that represents the hotel very well. I would certainly not hesitate to stay again in the future.

Stayed: January 2018