“Excellent dinner at Bullfinches, but a little hungry after”

Bullfinch's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Sudbury
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had a group of 7 people and called to make a reservation for an outside table.
Our table was all ready with water and bread when we arrived. Our waitress was very attentive. I had the lamb chops as did a few others and we all agreed they were delicious. I had a salad before so the chops were enough. It only comes with a tablespoon of hummus and one of tapenade and 3 small triangles of naan, no vegetable of starch. For $36.00 I would have liked something with the meal besides a little appetizer. But it was still delicious and because I had a separate salad, I was satisfied. Other people had the filet and tuna and were happy with their choices.

margaret r, Owner at Bullfinch's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. I am glad you felt that you were satisfied with what you ordered on your visit. We are always happy to provide more of the sauces, etc.(for next visit).

We appreciate the comments, thank you

Peggy, owner

Reviewed 11 June 2018

This was our first visit and we were anxious to try the brunch based on the reviews. The outside seating area and covered patio are charming and very welcoming as is the lovely front dining room and small bar area. We were seated in the back, windowless room which was not to our liking. Service was very slow, but we weren't in a rush so we weren't bothered by this. We started with Bloody Mary's and shared the smoked salmon bagel - delicious and a great start to brunch. Our waiter brought a sample plate of cinnamon coffee cake, a muffin and a mini-scone but we did not try any of the items. Again there was a long wait for the next course. My husband's requested medium brunch burger was beyond well done but the waiter had disappeared. It was served on two pieces of French toast and he thought the dish would have been fantastic if the burger was cooked as requested. My eggs benedict had perfectly cooked eggs but the hollandaise sauce was lacking in flavor, in my opinion. We thought the dinner menu looked interesting and we plan to give that a try, but we will request a table in the front dining room when we make our reservation.

2  Thank VacationDays365
Reviewed 29 May 2018

My parents and I came on Sunday evening for dinner and found spots at the corner of the bar. We loved the food, wine, and ambiance - lively but not too loud to hear conversation! We shared a salad and appetizers: crab cakes, steak n cheese pizza (a special), and vegetable dumplings (which are very popular!) The bartender, Chris, was wonderful and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The food and service are always top notch. I had a tuna “small plate” gourmet dinner and was very satisfied with the tasty pairing of a perfectly seared tuna steak, baby book Chou and rice entree with a lovely Pinot Noire ( I always prefer red). I was pleasantly full with this portion and my waistline thanked me in the morning.

bullfinchs, Owner at Bullfinch's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you so much. We are so happy that we have not disappointed you. Our kitchen staff works very hard and takes great pride in their work. I am passing this review on to them.

Hope to see you again soon.

Peggy Richardson, owner

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful restaurant —great food, service and ambience. Located at the end of a small strip mall but don’t let that deter you.

bullfinchs, Owner at Bullfinch's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Tony,

It was great to read your nice review. Thank you for taking the time. We look forward to seeing you a gain soon.

Peggy, owner