All reviews handkerchief shoals continental breakfast room was clean cape cod convenient location nice pool off season picnic area flat screen tv two nights two night stay owners were friendly place to stay air conditioner could not have been more roadside motel chatham
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We were in Harwich to visit friends who were there from FL. Stayed one night at this Inn. It was immaculate, quiet, and met our needs for the night. The Innkeeper was very pleasant also. Recommend this Inn.

Room Tip: It’s basically a motel but we had a king-sized bed and it was great!
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank grace623Sharon
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Place was perfect for me and my wife for our anniversary. Super close next to Red River Beach. Rooms were clean and had everything we needed. Pool was nice for a happy hour drink. Recommend this place

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018

This place is a hidden gem. The main staff which is a married couple are both amazing people. They went out of their way to make sure they were able to accommodate our family multiple times, they switched days as well as as room types as needed. They were super nice to watch old run at all times and very friendly to speak with, I even have the opportunity to sit with one of the owners one evening and had a great casual conversation. The place is well kept and maintained. Cleanliness was never an issue. Our rooms were cleaned early both days and well supplied. The hotel itself is a quintessential Cape Cod Motel, it brought back tons of great memories of my own childhood which I now hope my own children will have. We're planning an extended stay here next year. The owner’s truly make this place home.

Room Tip: Rooms were large.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018

A cute update on the motor coach hotel, HS sports updated rooms (sans bathrooms, they look a bit dated but whatever), good WiFi, gas grills and a nice pool. Minutes from Chatham and Harwichport town centers, as well as great beaches, HS is a good choice for the traveler not interested in spending a months wages on a summer rental. We’ll be back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We drove eight hours before pulling into the Handkerchief Shoals Inn. The owners welcomed us and we had a chance to order pizza, take a short swim in the pool and throw the football in the grassy area on property, before we settled in for the evening. The room was clean and pleasantly arranged. The tv picture wasn’t very crisp and we did encounter a few beetles and spiders, but the water pressure was strong and I rested easily. Breakfast the next morning was very small and simple fare and we had to pay for waters, though juice and coffee were offered. Our experience at the Inn was brief but pleasant, but I did find myself thinking that the operation would’ve been more aptly named The Handkerchief Shoals Roadside Motel. I would recommend a night stay, but would likely check out my other options if I returned to Harwich.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family