“Lego is Lego”

LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Boston Admission Ticket
Ranked #2 of 7 Fun & Games in Somerville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: What's inside LEGOLAND(R) Discovery Center Boston? With so many different attractions to explore all indoors at Assembly Row in Somerville, the Center is designed with mini LEGO(R) fans in mind and their parents! Ideal for children aged 3 -10 years, visit the Ultimate Indoor LEGO(R) playground and see what your imagination will create in our world of color and creativity. There are plenty of activities for every kid to enjoy, including LEGO-themed rides, play zones, a 4D Cinema, and more! Please note, last admission is 2 hours before close.
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I enjoy Lego, I had visited different location. Each has its uniqueness, this has display of Boston, Harbor, sports venues, Logan Airport....my son keep enjoy it visit after visit over the years since opening, I enjoyed too despite repeated visits, I spend more time looking at Fenway Park, Logan Airport, Harbor Display etc.....my son enjoys the different rides, building race car with other kids.

Peyton F, Manager at Legoland Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Zeyad M!
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Boston with your son! Have a great summer!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"rainy day"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

When my soon-to-be 8 year old daughter started asking if we could go back to Legoland Discovery Center, we thought it was a great idea!! After all, her birthday is also May 23, the same day that Boston's Legoland opened 4 years ago.

As we arrived, things started to go well! We were greeted by friendly staff, they received crowns to celebrate the birthday and we started our day! We traveled from Maine, so we got there a little later than planned, around 3:00. Once we started our activities, the first thing noticed was that most of the "stamps" that are used with the Activity Packs are missing. We also did not receive the special Legoland Discovery Center Yellow Brick. The last advertised Lego Master Builder class was on the board for 5:00, however we later found out they decided to hold it at 4:00 without an announcement or anything, so we missed out. The employees told us the Master Builder ended up leaving early! Many areas of the Mini-land are in a shambles! Most of the buttons to the various interactive pieces are broken. When we came in 2016, there were random prizes given to some of the kids, my daughter received a Lego Cupcake! This year - absolutely nothing! The Star Wars exhibit pales in comparison to what was there when it was Ninjago. The last straw was when we wanted to go to the cafe before it closed. I double checked on the website and it said the cafe closed at 6:30 however when I asked employees at 6:00 if they were still open (the line was drawn across the entrance), I was basically ignored. We also wanted to go on the Nexu Knights shooting ride one more time just to find that too had been closed at 6:00 when the facility closes at 7:00. Lastly, the stock/employees in the Lego shop was lacking. Inventory was much less than other Lego stores and the staff were not exactly friendly!

For a two and a half hour drive and all the money spent on tickets, I was seriously disappointed! Especially because my birthday girl loves Legos and wanted nothing more then to go there for her birthday! We were extremely disappointed and I said I would even ask for a refund if i could! Hopefully something happens to make this place enjoyable again!

Peyton F, Manager at Legoland Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Hi Jennifer B! We appreciate your feedback and hearing about your experience. It is important to us to make every guest's visit enjoyable and create wonderful memories for families. Can you please e-mail us at Boston@LEGOLANDDiscoveryCenter.com to discuss this with a team member further?

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I didn't expect much after reading reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. EVERYTHING is super expensive in the area, so although I thought this was pricey , I spent the same amount to see a movie. The admission price is also part of Go pass for the city, so if you have a pass it makes for a must do on a rainy day. There's only a few rides and they are just ok, my 7 yr old went on one a few times making it better worth it. Toddlers might not enjoy all the rides making the trip a bit of a bummer. probably best for ages 5-8.

Peyton F, Manager at Legoland Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hi mbhoakct76, thank you for the review and we are glad to have your feedback. We are always looking to improve the experience and add more content for our guests.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

My son was afraid of the train ride since he is just 2.5 year old. There is very few entertainment for toddlers, and even the shop is smaller than regular lego store that is in Natick mall.

2  Thank tugbai

Hello Tugba, thank you for your review. We apologize if you feel your experience wasn't to your expectations. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please email us at boston@legolanddiscoverycenter.com and a member of our team will be in contact with you. -- Peyton

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones (AOTC) was released in 2002. That was 16 years ago. Incredibly, Lego-themed playground in Somerville advertised a series of Lego dioramas recreating scenes from AOTC as NEW in 2018. I'm not in the indoor playground business, so I don't know why a company would highlight as new an attraction from a nearly two-decade-old movie that was the least popular of its entire series. My best guess is that these AOTC dioramas have been making the rounds among various Lego playgrounds (there are 20+) and Legolands (8) around the world. Lego-themed playground Somerville had a hole to fill, and the AOTC dioramas were probably sitting in a warehouse.

The AOTC dioramas were fine. And if you're 8 years old, maybe you don't care that the sets are 5 Star Wars movies out of date. But to me they encapsulate the Lego-themed playground experience. The brand name draws you in, but the playground does not live up to the brand's standards. There were a few truly Lego activities - an exhibit of Boston landmarks, build-your-own racecar, and learn from a "master" Lego builder. But apart from those, corporate nostalgia was peddling an indoor playground with a couple of mini amusement-park-style rides. Maybe that's fine - but there are other indoor playgrounds/discovery centers in the area that don't charge for the Lego brand name.

I went with a 17 month old - she was too young for most of the activities. I understand that older kids might have fun -- and they might have fun at other indoor playgrounds too.

1  Thank arimoves
Peyton F, Manager at Legoland Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hi arimoves, Thank you for your feedback. The exhibits we bring in rotate around the different discovery centers throughout the country. While we recognize that not everyone will love the second episode it has been a popular exhibit for us. Please e-mail us at Boston@LEGOLANDDiscoveryCenter.com if you would like to discuss this further.