“Not a lot of actual legos going on...”

Legoland Discovery Center
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Boston Admission Ticket
Ranked #2 of 7 Fun & Games in Somerville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: What's inside LEGOLAND(R) Discovery Center Boston? With so many different attractions to explore all indoors at Assembly Row in Somerville, the Center is designed with mini LEGO(R) fans in mind and their parents! Ideal for children aged 3 -10 years, visit the Ultimate Indoor LEGO(R) playground and see what your imagination will create in our world of color and creativity. There are plenty of activities for every kid to enjoy, including LEGO-themed rides, play zones, a 4D Cinema, and more! Please note, last admission is 2 hours before close.
Reviewed 14 March 2018

This place was fun for the kids, but not a lot of actual lego's going on. The interactive "movie" at the beginning was not terribly exciting. They liked the lego models of Fenway, waterfront, stadium, etc. - I think the adults appreciated it more. They loved the "Firehouse" where they got to run around on different levels. We liked that the Firehouse had one-way-in-one-way-out, so we didn't have to worry about the kids leaving that attraction without us seeing them. Wish their had been more places for the kids to sit and play with actual legos. The two "rides" had height restrictions, but the kids enjoyed them. The food was surprisingly good/healthy.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"sandwich"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Stopped by here on our way home from the coast. My oldest had been here but it had been ages ago. There is a huge cityscape place all made with legos with many Easter eggs, loved that aspect. It was a Monday so we went on the Knight ride a bunch of times, and my kids went on the vertical merry o round a very times. Besides that, there are no other rides. The friends section did not have any friends Legos and the karaoke machine was not working correctly. My kids love friends so it was a tease not to be working. Overall it felt a lot smaller than I thought it would be and we spent less time. Not sure we would go back unless there was a lot of new additions.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My friend and I took our 3 kids, 10 and 2 6 year olds on the Friday of NH school vacation. Due to the monsoon type weather, it was not all that busy when we arrived at little after 10 am. The price is $23 per person, I had a coupon for bogo free, so $46 for 3 people for approximately 2 hours is reasonable.... That is what it would cost me to take myself and 2 kids to the movies....
Pros: The Boston scenes made of legos are really amazing, as are the star wars stuff. The rides were clever, the hands on activities fun. My 6 year old son LOVED the play area... LOVED it! His 6 year old friend LOVED the kareoke area. The area where the museum is has lots of interesting restaurants and parking is reasonable and accessible.

Cons - Expensive without a ticket.
I wouldn't want to come when it was busy
My 10 year old was bored after about 45 minutes

End result- Very fun, glad we did it

1  Thank Reneembm
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We brought our seven year old (this was part of her birthday treat) and three year old here on a Monday. Was it fun...yes. Was I glad I had purchased a Groupon for entry...YES (wouldn't think full price would have been worth it)!! Would we return...not sure. It is an adorable place, relatively clean, and the two rides are fun. It was not terribly crowded the day we went, but we still waited a considerable amount of time in both ride lines. The movie was cute. But other than that...there were not too many more "activities" other than the jungle gym which my children liked. Some lego building stations as well. The Boston room was AMAZING to look at and interactive. Over all it was a good day spent and my kids both seemed to enjoy. I have to say however...for an establishment that doesn't allow food inside from the outside, they need to up their game in the "café" The options are extremely limited and the sandwiches are premade, saran wrapped, 7/11 sandwiches that I bought and neither of my kids touched. The sandwiches were really nasty and again...have better choices if you're not going to allow outside food. The price is decent (sandwich, fruit, and drink for $5), but $5 is not well spent when my kids only eat the applesauce cup and drink. Parking was free since we stayed just under the three hour mark unintentionally, but even after that the parking cost is minimal. Glad we went...

1  Thank Jackdancer