“Average ”

Agoros
Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Grabbed take out from here after a long work day and the food was pretty good.

My wife had the loaded steak and cheese sub with side salad and said it was flavorful.
My daughter and I split a pepperoni mushroom pizza. It was cooked perfectly, had just the right amount of sauce and toppings and tasted great.

My son ordered the Mac & Cheese "baked with cheddar and a crispy cracker crumb topping". It was ok. See picture of how it came...not exactly as advertised and not worth 13 bucks.

Overall this was an average experience. I may or may not return.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Usually pretty busy, locals seem to like it. I have not found the menu interesting nor have I enjoyed the food

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Picked up a Awesome specialty pizzas and restaurant looks really great! Try them and you will agree enjoy

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Agoros on a Tuesday evening for dinner. From the outside the restaurant gives the appearance of a fine Italian eatery. However the interior is a schizophrenic blend of a banquet/formal dining area mixed with a bar area. The music throughout the entire restaurant is very loud alternative rock. The menu is extensive and perhaps that's the problem as a restaurant can't adequately prepare so many different types of fresh meals.

We were greeted by friendly staff who quickly took our drink order: a glass of Cabernet and a Chianti. When the server returned we were informed that they did not have any chianti, so we opted for a Malbec. The cab was good, unfortunately the Malbec tasted old and was extremely vinegary. For food we ordered the baked feta appetizer, spaghetti and meatballs, a gyro, and Greek salads and then finished the meal with creme brûlée and tea. The meals also came with complimentary bread.

The bread was light but covered in olive oil. The feta appetizer was under-seasoned and drowned in a dish of olive oil. The spaghetti was not fresh nor drained well as the bottom of the dish was filled with water. The taste of meatballs was ok however they were spongy in consistency, so most likely frozen. The tomato sauce was bitter. The gyro was completely tasteless. The Greek salads were average. The biggest disappointment was the creme brûlée-- at a price of $8.99, which was not freshly made and displayed a thickened top skin with hard grainy sugar. It appeared as though it could have been made from some type "mix". We opted for tea because while they had espresso, they could make lattes or cappuccinos.

The total bill for the two of us was over $70. It was an unfortunate experience as we have just moved into the area and are exploring our weekly dining options. I cannot recommend this establishment and we will not be returning.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Visited late on a Sunday afternoon. Everyone enjoyed their meals that included spaghetti and meatballs; gyro plate; a giant meat and cheese panini; and portuguese fisherman's stew with calamari, shrimp, and haddock with a tasty sauce over rice.

Been to Agoros? Share your experiences!