Clarion Inn(Seekonk)
Hotels.com
US$147
US$166
HotelQuickly
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The location is only slightly dicey. Half the doors looked like someone had beat on them trying to break in. Management wouldn't take a reservation over the phone, insisting that you book through their website. Their website only allowed you to book through Hotwire, with usury style cancellation or change policies.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I was surprised to see so many poor reviews, I'm not sure if the place has changed ownership, but I've been staying here for 3 weeks straight while my house is being remodeled (long story) The owner gave me an amazing weekly rate that cost less than a single night in a Providence hotel. First day I got here, the owners had just got through painting every room in the motel and installing new carpets. The second day I was here, the owner called my room to let me know that they were going to have to enter the room the next day when housekeeping came to install a new box spring and mattress because they were upgrading every bed in the motel! I don't know what all the fuss about the WIFI is, I'm writing this review from my room and just scored 28megs per second on speedtest.net, which is lightning fast. I have been able to stream Netflix and HBOGO for the last 3 weeks without a single issue. The owners have greeted me with a smile every time I have seen them, very nice people!

I know this review doesnt match the others, but as of June 2016, this is by FAR the best value for your money in the Providence area. They are a new TV and a coffee maker away from getting 5 stars from me considering the value!

Room Tip: Closer to the fruit stand, the better!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank TheWilliamsFamily_11
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed in this place only because it was late at night and only place around that had rooms open. The microwave door was broken off and you had to attach it to make it work. The curtain in the shower was not even hung on the rod. Just draped over the rod. Pillows were made for a baby crib. No ash tray in a smoking room. Very rude people. I don't even know how they stay in business!!I must agree with the other reviews f the people who were very rude and didn't even seem to mind about the microwave being broken and when I told her about the shower curtain she freaked out like it was my fault!!! Each time I went to the office she was on the phone and had an attitude of get the heck outta here. Never again!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. I would have rather slept in my car!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The heat and WiFi didn't work, when we called the front desk for help, the women started yelling her head off!! rude! rude! rude! dirty! dirty! dirty! WORST HOTEL EVER!!!

Room Tip: there are hotels all around that area, pass this one for sure!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jerrysheila736
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We didn't have many options by the time we made our destination due to the holiday, so we ended up here with a single room. The lady at the front desk made an irritated face when I asked if I could see the room. We were told they had wi-fi, but the signal was weak and it kept disconnecting us. Also, the telephone did not work for local calls, and when I called the front desk to ask about it we were told it would cost an extra $5 to turn on the phone line! I have never heard of that anywhere, especially in a cheap motel! At the very least, they could have told us that when we checked in. There was some noise from adjoining rooms and traffic noise since it is right along the main road. The room was pretty clean, although the chair was kind of yucky-looking and the fan in the bathroom also did not work, nor was the light bright enough. Also, someone trying to call us was repeatedly hung up on by the front desk who didn't seem to speak proper English and kept telling her, "$50!" and hanging up. We also asked for a wake-up call and were not sure we could trust it, sure enough, it was not given. We travel to Rhode Island/Massachusetts every year, and we will NEVER stay at this place again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family