“Noisy, but great view and food.”
Review of Fishermen's View

Fishermen's View
Ranked #9 of 70 Restaurants in Sandwich
Description: Fishermen's View is a restaurant, seafood market, and wholesale complex bordering the Cape Cod Canal and Sandwich Marina that is owned and operated by local fishermen. Brothers Robert and Dennis Colbert opened a family-owned business delivering a "boat-to-table" experience in summer 2016. It features the brothers' three core seafood products (lobsters, Jonah crab, and scallops) among other locally caught seafood, for both classic New England dishes and innovative seafood fare. The restaurant and market is surrounded by action, including views of the canal's diverse vessel traffic, a nearby playground and park area, and access to bike and walking trails. Be sure to catch the frequent un-loading of the Colbert brothers' three fishing vessels at the nearby dock and winch provided by the town of Sandwich! As fishermen working in the area for over thirty years, Robert and Dennis Colbert are excited to build a space for the local community to enjoy fresh local seafood with a spectacular view!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Had dinner here 6/23/18 with a group of 5 adults. Wonderful view of the Cape Cod Canal. Very busy, pretty noisy. A bit pricey and upscale for Sandwich but well worth it. Group had Ahi tuna and swordfish steaks. Good presentation and great taste. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I went to this place twice in last 2 weeks. I'm saying this to make sure no one judges me on one- time experience. Well... I probably won't go back. There's nothing wrong with food. Great presentation, kinda careless service. Both times I went there with my friends. First time we set at the bar area and had mostly appetizers and rolls. It was busy, so I ignored bartender's divided attention. Second time we set at the restaurant area. We saw waitress ones, when she came to greet us, then she dropped off drinks and took the order. After that we didn't see her until we were half way through our dinner. But, that's not even what I was disappointed with! I usually order rolls or sushi if there's an option. It's expensive, but you can't miss with those. My friend ordered some scallops meal, that was almost $30.00. Food arrived and we saw basically 5 scallops on plate with a pinch of greens and, may be, corn, n the middle... no one was there to complain and my friend was really hungry, so, by the rime she checked on us it was nothing to talk about. What point I am trying to make here. When you spend $30 bucks a plate in the restaurant you shouldn't leave hungry! And server should've suggest a bigger meal for the size of a guy that my friend is. Besides the point, she should have been right there to see his disappointment when he first saw his order. This place gets so much buzz around about dinning, that I don't even know what to say. I was very disappointed. And just for a record. Throw a spoon of pasta on a plate costs restaurant about $1. Disappointed customer costs much more.

1  Thank Shop D
Reviewed 28 June 2018

What a nice place for dinner on the Cape! This restaurant is only a few years old and is a nice atmosphere for dinner on the Cape with views of the canal. There is seating both inside and outside.

They have an expansive menu with choices for everyone. We had the Clam Chowder, Stuffed Haddock, and Roast Beet Salad, and all were excellent.

Service was spot on. Our server Abby was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable about the food and wine. Prices were reasonable. You can still get a glass of wine for $8 here!

Only downside is that don't take reservations and the parking was tight. We were there on a Wednesday night and only waited 5 minutes though.

We would definitely return and highly recommend.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Wheelchair friendly. A nice location on the canal. Nice vistas. Outdoor seating. We have been a few times. The food is just okay. We expected better because it is connected to a fresh fish market. Idk. Might go back for an outdoor waterside cocktail.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

From the friendliness of staff when I called, to the inside and outside entertainment to the excellent menu and taste - FV is a place I plan to go again and again. Not to mention the view! Highly recommend!