All reviews red jacket john lennon my husband and i new england ocean view private balcony day bed lobster pool the main house rocky coast sun room breakfast room breakfast is served the perfect spot short drive nice stay breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 6 June 2018

We booked the Yankee Clipper Inn for our honeymoon, and it turned out to be the perfect choice! This inn is historic, spacious, private, with character and charm. The ocean view from the breakfast room, the lawn and gazebo are refreshing and expansive. The manager and assistant manager provide friendly, personable service. The Seawitch had a marvelous view of the ocean from the private deck and sunroom. We would highly recommend this inn for a quiet couples' getaway by the sea!

Room Tip: The Seawitch has a sun room and private deck looking over the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us and your nice review. My staff and I are very happy you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I needed some down time from life and we opted to go to the Yankee Clipper Inn. We stayed in the Red Jacket room. This room has a sun room and it is absolutely the most relaxing and peaceful room. You have amazing views of the ocean and you can hear the waves as they crash on the rocks. Mike and Pete were amazing host. The breakfast tasted fabulous! I would highly recommend going here for some peace from life. We left feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world. Thank you Mike and Pete!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCash2
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us and thank for your recommendation. Its always nice to hear that you had a wonderful time. Pete and I hope you come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

stayed in the bulfinch house and we were quite delighted with everything. the views are fabulous. room was very comfortable. brunch delicious and plentiful. the inn is conveniently located to many sites such as salem, gloucester and boston...you can connect by rail to any of these locations if you do not want to drive. they will refer you to a great restaurant for dinner. we could not have been more pleased. the staff was friendly and helpful. the shared kitchen space was delightful. thanks for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write such a wonderful review. The staff and I are glad you enjoyed the Bulfinch House building of the Yankee Clipper with its panoramic views of the ocean, our made to order breakfast, and my wonderful staff! We enjoyed meeting you and your family and hope you get a chance to come back and visit Rockport and the Yankee Clipper soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We spent another wonderful vacation at the Yankee Clipper Inn which we've been visiting since 1978. Mike has been returning the Inn to it's prior status as a place to savor the ocean views, the Victorian furniture in many bedrooms, and the lulling sound of the surf.
Peter's pancakes are scrumptious, and the staff cheerfully caters to guests requests. They really know the best restaurants, so take advantage of their help in booking restaurants and whale watches, and enjoy the many shops of Rockport. We've already booked our room for next year.

Room Tip: To hear the ocean outside your window, book rooms in the main inn.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thanks you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review the inn. We enjoy your visit yearly and always look forward to having you back. We will see you next October.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stayed 10/13 for 1 night.
You can't beat the location of the Inn, right on the ocean. Charming on the inside. Our room, #27, had a great view with a private deck. Peter was very pleasant checking us in and showing us around. We found out that he was a Chef at an establishment not to far from our home...small world. And his breakfast was outstanding! My only complaint was the bathroom. It had black all along the grout/window in the shower. I was going to mention it to Peter but I knew the inn was full, so moving wasn't an option. We had a nice stay but for what you pay, I was expecting the bathroom to be as perfect as the view!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie R
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us and your nice review. Peter and I were happy to have you as our guests and were so happy you enjoyrd the beautiful view and Peter's made to order breakfast!