Review Highlights
Wonderful cruise, very informative

We did the three hour cruise and were very impressed with Drew, our tour director. He discussed... read more

Reviewed 2 October 2018
Whitney52
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
via mobile
Surprised by it!

Just a great way to be on the water, see the canal from a different perspective and learn the... read more

Reviewed 18 September 2018
DebTrips
Massachusetts

All reviews sagamore bridge hour cruise great cruise two hours lower deck canal cruise town pier rest rooms three hours different perspective ticket booth boat ride second half day trip academy narrator maritime
Reviewed 31 July 2015

I've long wanted to take this cruise of the Cape Cod Canal and I was not disappointed. The Viking left on time from its easily found dock in quaint Onset. You will feel quite safe throughout the ride. Bring a credit card for parking as city lots don't offer cash option and are monitored carefully. The guide Steve did a superb job narrating the history of the canal, bridges and surrounding area with humor. The facts were interspersed with human interest stories. Photo ops abound. The ship has restrooms and a snack bar and sells souvenir books. This is a great introduction for a reasonable price to Cape Cod for newcomers, past visitors, and natives. You will get lessons, sights and sun at the same time.

1  Thank jpgina53
Reviewed 30 July 2015

I have wanted to take this cruise for many years but never got around to it. The boat left right on time and was a nice escape from a hot humid day. The narrator (Steve) was a true fountain of information and it was easy to see that he truly enjoyed his job and the people on the boat. On the return part of the trip he did not disappear but mingled with the passengers answering questions. I went with my nephew and brother in law so the company was great. I would recommend this cruise and I am sure that I will be taking it again when I have guests visiting. John Rice South Yarmouth Ma.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

We took the longer of two tours that were offered. This one sails through the canal just past the Sagamore Bridge before returning to Onset Bay. It is a relaxing cruise out of the bay and down the canal with helpful insights from a knowledgeable narrator. The narration ends when the boat reverses direction to return to the bay. There is an upper open deck and a lower covered deck with a snack bar and rest rooms. Even having grown up on Cape Cod, there was a lot that I learned about the canal and its environs from this trip. My wife and I loved it. It is well worth it.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

We took the 4:00 kids ride free cruise which was a 2 hour cruise with a narrator. The cost was $15/adult and our son was free. It was the best $30 we spent, the narrator, Steve was amazing! We learned so much about the history the Canal and the surrounding area it was like a history lesson! Parking is at a prepaid lot right where the boat docks at Onset Beach and is $2/hour or you will get a ticket. We bought our tickets online and got them at the booth fast and easy. The boat was large and had 2 levels, bathrooms and food/drinks for purchase and prices were reasonable. The Captain and 2 young men on board were very friendly and helpful. The cruise started in Onset and went past the Sagamore Bridge then turned around to go back. The narration was 1.5 hours and after it was over Steve went around and chatted with the passengers answering questions and asking how they enjoyed the cruise. It was a wonderful afternoon and I highly recommend taking a cruise with them!

Reviewed 16 July 2015

A little bit of history on how valuable the Canal is to everyone.
The canal saves ships 200 miles by cutting through MA.
Safer or the ships. Lots of ships went under going the long way to Boston.
The narriator was excellent.

We ate at Staches on the water (very reasonable) waiting for the cruise ship to come in.
A wonderful family outing.