“Amazing and fun”
Review of The Cardboard Box

The Cardboard Box
Ranked #29 of 56 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Price range: US$9 - US$99
Description: The Cardboard Box is Martha's Vineyard's newest restaurant on Circuit Avenue in Oak Bluffs. Owned by Chef Ben deForest and wife & Pastry Chef Erica deForest, this restaurant is a collaboration of heart and soul creating a fun atmosphere for food, drink, and revel!
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for cocktails with friends. Alex the bartender was awesome. Ben the chef came out to say hello.
Fantastic drinks and such a fun vibe.
If you are on the Vineyard you have to go

1  Thank pamlath

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Toby Maloney the bartender is a dream, Ben has outdone himself and Traeger’s artwork is beautiful! Finally a place where an adult can go have a fantastic cocktail, fantastic food and feel hip again, desperately needed on the Vineyard!
Xoxo

1  Thank susan p
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Everything here is amazing. The food, the dessert, the decor, the drinks, the staff! We had the frosé and sticky bun skillet dessert and it was the best thing ever. We already texted all our friends to come here and try it. The staff is so friendly and knowledgeable. Make sure to check out the restrooms, the decor is so inspirational!

1  Thank Rp600
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Props to the Cardboard Box for dishing up one of the best all around dining experiences I've had in recent memory. They just opened last week, and as with all newly opened restaurants, I walked in fully expecting they would need a while to work out the kinks of a new operation and gain their footing. This could not have been further from the truth. From the service, to the ambiance, and of course, the food, I can't think of a way where our experience could have been improved. We had appetizers (chicken fingers and cod fish cakes) and split a main entry (beef brisket with a couple sides of brussel sprouts and scalloped potatoes) and of course dessert (key lime pie!!) and everything was simply fantastic. Our server, whose name I don't recall, was amazing... friendly, informative, attentive... everything you want your server to be. I'm very much looking forward to coming again and getting completely different food next time as I can honestly say there was nothing we ordered that wasn't delicious. If someone forced me to come up with constructive criticism or else, the only thing I might mention would be the size of the bar is pretty large, and the noise the bar crowd presents to the diners (the tables surround the bar in a U-like design) We did have to talk pretty loud to be heard a couple times. This isn't a challenge at the owners other restaurant (Red Cat) which has a significantly smaller bar. I hear they will eventually have live music, which I love and am totally excited about. I will be interested to see how they handle the challenge of the noise from a large bar crowd, and the fact they are located in a sunken space with concrete floors which contribute to an echo-y acoustic. All in all, we can't wait to come back!

1  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We went for brunch last weekend.
Wow!
Everything was amazing, the food, the wine list, the ambiance and the service.
Our waiter and all the staff were great.
Can't wait to go for dinner.
This is going to be the most popular place on MV.

1  Thank Mary C