“My son was right - coal fired pizza is a new favorite”

Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #61 of 285 Restaurants in Newton
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My son remembered this coal fired pizza from Connecticut and we decided to try the Newton restaurant. He told me the white clam is the classic so we shared that and it was amazing! The "char" cooked version was thin, crispy and the flavors delicious.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

It's good pizza. The original tomato pie is my favorite. I tried half original and half with mozzarella, I liked original best. Still not as good as Town Spa in Stoughton

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I have certain standards when it comes to pizza. First I like thin crispy crust - check, I like a little bit of char on crust - check, options for toppings- check, sauce that is not sweet- check, not too much cheese- check. Then why was I disappointed?
The sauce was watery and tasteless, although we saw cheese- we couldn't taste it and sausage was not crumbled- there were slices. Good Pizza should have a blend of flavors that satisfies you
Pepe's only serves pizza and salad. You would think the pizza would have more taste- there are better places to get pizza

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Pizza was really delicious! To bad the place was in the mall the ambiance was mall and the food deserves more.
Beer was cold , pizza was a dream our waiter , `Jesus was very kind to my busy grandsons!.
Pictures would have been like those in other reviews. .but we ate it before thinking of our review

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Went to Frank Pepe's on Saturday around 4:30 p.m. not crowded, we were seated immediately and our waitress was very prompt in taking our drink order. We ordered a pepper and onion pie, delicious, very thin crust and tasty. We split the house salad and again was not disappointed. I understand there is usually a wait at this location, as a line had began to form when we were leaving, worth the trip.

Been to Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana? Share your experiences!