“Very disappointing”

Ranked #12 of 64 Restaurants in Lenox
Price range: US$12 - US$44
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A fine restaurant in the Berkshires is not hard to come by. But in searching for a venue that combines superb food, historical ambiance, exemplary service, and modern designer class you will invariably arrive at the county’s newest offering, here in center of Lenox. Drawing inspiration from legendary restaurants in renowned hotels, you will enjoy our newly restored dining room that evokes memories of a grand parlor, right inside the Gilded Age mansion that is the Kemble Inn. Linger over cocktails on the covered veranda, where the sprawling view is yours to enjoy. Share a romantic dinner or entertain colleagues at the center table, which happens to be the restaurant’s namesake. Savor the pleasures of dining on world-class locally-inspired dishes. Begin your own tradition.
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I was so looking forward to dinner here at Table 6. We looked at the menu in advance and saw they had one of my all time favorite dishes - risotto Milanese. I could just see my nonna cooking away on a thanksgiving afternoon. The second dish that was sure to entice was the chicken honey dish, which also intrigued my wife.

We get to the restaurant and add a beet salad with pickled fruit to our main courses. When asked what wine would pair best with our respective dishes, the waiter didn’t have a clue or a recommendation - I would have thought in such an establishment as this (btw - a very beautiful building) that they would have recommendations in mind for all their dishes.

The salad was bland. My risotto smelled as I expected (I love the smell of saffron), but, curiously, had no taste. It tasted like rice in water. I couldn’t taste the saffron (or the mushrooms). My wife’s chicken was tough and bland.

This restaurant had such promise. Perhaps we came on an off night. Nevertheless, it was an expensive meal [for the region] and that means they are not supposed to get the benefit of an off night. Thus, my review.

2  Thank D S

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

There are so many better places to eat in the Berkshires. This was a huge disappointment. Expensive and not what I expected. The chicken was tough and not flavorful - peaches didn’t add anything to the dish nor did the polenta. My husbands risotto milanesas had no flavor at all. The waiter couldn’t even suggest a wine for the chicken dish. Please go somewhere else for dinner. So not worth it!!

2  Thank Scenic223319
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Wonderful, relaxing meal in a wonderful setting just before and after sunset. Halibut, chicken, risotto all well prepared. A bit pricey.

1  Thank HydeParkMtLookout
ScottShortt, Owner at Table Six Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed the mansion meal!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Table Six has always been a special place to dine. The food is excellent. We go there for the filet of beef which never disappoints. Service was always top notch. That’s fallen off a bit. Keeping a very good rating because I know the manager will improve the situation.

ScottShortt, Owner at Table Six Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I have been a guest at Table Six several times with either one friend or several family members (Thanksgiving 2017) and have greatly enjoyed it each time. Due to a change in plans I was left with a free weekend but decided I would keep my plans even though alone. After a very disappointing reception at one of my other favorite restaurants ("just one?" disapprovingly, being placed in a high traffic corner and being unapologetically rushed through two courses and not even offered coffee) I was leery of making another solo attempt, but, happily decided to try it again and was richly rewarded! No disappointing "only one?", just a warm welcome and guidance to a lovely table with a wonderful view of the sunset over the Berkshires. The staff was attentive but not hovering and there was no feeling of being rushed through the meal. The sommelier was young but gave thoughtful suggestions and the wait staff deftly moved the additional place setting away without fanfare. As someone who often dines alone I know what a rare treat it is to feel just as valued as any other guest (although it shouldn't be) and to feel welcome and provided for. It doesn't hurt that my meal (as always) was exquisitely prepared and presented and the warmth and good taste of the surroundings does a great deal for the appetite. Thanks to the owners, chef and staff of Table Six and The Kemble Inn! I can't wait to return!

ScottShortt, Owner at Table Six Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you.