“Different Chef, Different Menue”
Review of Blantyre

Blantyre
Reserve with OpenTable
Blantyre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 64 Restaurants in Lenox
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dining is a very special event at Blantyre, Relais & Châteaux. Late every afternoon, the Main House undergoes a lovely transformation as we prepare for the delightful dining experience to come that evening. Linens are brought out, tables are set with sterling silver, fine china, crystal, and fresh flowers. Beautiful music fills the air and candles are lit. Under the knowing eye of Chef Arnaud Cotar, the kitchen is a hive of activity as the finest ingredients are used to create a memorable, outstanding dining experience. When you arrive, you can enjoy a pre-dinner glass of Champagne and canapés on the Covered Terrace or in the Main Hall, or sample one of our rich red wines in the Music Room. When your first course is ready our host will escort you to the dining room where your delicious dinner begins. Enjoy a glass of wine from our Wine Cellar, the recipient of the 2011 Grand Award Wine Spectator. Should your evening plans include a Friday or Saturday performance at Tanglewood or Jacob's Pillow, you may wish to postpone dessert. Upon your return, coffee, an assortment of cheeses and a beautifully prepared dessert buffet is served in the Music Room. In keeping with our house tradition, we require gentlemen to wear a jacket and tie. We also offer 24-hour room service.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Significantly overpriced ie: $17. for a cup of onion soup. I took one taste...really didn't like it , The hostess came over and asked me if I was finished, I said, "That I did not like it". She took it away, didn't ask me if I would like something else, and still charged me $17.

Daniel H, Group Managing Director at Blantyre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Garylighter,

We are so sorry to learn of your recent experience at Blantyre. We will share your comments with our staff, so that we can improve in the future.

We understand that you have enjoyed Blantyre many times in the past. If your plans bring you back, it will be our pleasure to credit you for the soup, and serve you with something that is more pleasing to you.

Daniel Hostettler
Group Managing Director

Reviewed 3 October 2018

When you arrive, you are welcomed at the door by name. The setting is beautiful. And don't miss the pianist in the living room.
The food is tastefully prepared, dishes are creative and delicious.

Daniel H, Group Managing Director at Blantyre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Hippocrates38,

Thank you for your wonderful “five star” review. We’re delighted you found our service “impeccable” and welcoming and culinary experience enjoyable. We will send along your compliments to our colleagues.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Until then, warm regards,

Daniel Hostettler
Group Managing Director

Reviewed 28 August 2018

While Blantyre has a very elegant and expensive restaurant, the bistro is reasonably priced and offers much of the elegance to be found at this Relais and Chateaux hotel. I had made a reservation and was greeted by name at the door. My wife and I were ushered into a grand salon to listen to Mozart being played on an antique grand piano. We ordered drinks and after a while were ushered into the bistro itself.
We had the excellent trout almondine and a pan bagnat tartine which is an open tuna and anchovie sandwich, just the right thing as I had eaten a big lunch. The valrhona chocolate cake was delicious.
This is a lovely place not to be missed.

1  Thank Stanr1936
Daniel H, Managing Director at Blantyre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Stanr1936,

Thank you for your recommendation and five-star review of Blantyre.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit, including the music, your dinner and dessert. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice different lunch venue and Blantyre did not disappoint. Monday afternoon after a busy Tanglewood weekend, the crowds were gone.
We had the outside patio to ourselves. We ordered wine, appetizers, and their risotto.
Everything was served elegantly, and the risotto was superb.
Can't wait to go back.

Dear Buzzy-10,

We are delighted you discovered Blantyre and our beautiful outside patio and felt like "royalty." We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your wine, appetizers, the entrée and your total experience. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We are frequent fine dining patrons, but it’s been some time since I’ve written a trip adviser review. We had such a wonderful time last night at Blantyre, that I feel compelled.

The setting is stunning, and everything has been meticulously preserved and maintained. We were invited first to the music room for cocktails and canapés, which were wonderful. The prefix menu had both a meat and vegetarian option, but we were invited to mix and match, which we absolutely did (we had to try the tagliatelle, which one of us swapped for the fish course).

Although a wine pairing was available, I elected just for one glass of white and one glass of red, which I had them select for me, and their selections were perfect.

The food was flawless. Our server was exactly what we had hoped for. Attentive, quickly understood what type of diners we were, good sense of humor, very personal touch. more like having a personal butler for the evening rather than just a waiter.

I would rate this along with Victoria and Albert‘s at the Grand Floridian as one of the best “experience dining“ meals we have had. We would absolutely go back, and maybe next time stay the night. The combination of setting, food, and service makes this one tough to beat.

1  Thank FairportMark
Daniel H, Managing Director at Blantyre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear FairportMark,

Thank you for your wonderful review and compliment, calling the Conservatory at Blantyre “one of the best dining experiences you have ever had.” We are delighted that you enjoy enjoyed the ambiance, the food and the service. We will share your kind works with our team.

In the meantime, we look forward to serving you during your next trip to Blantyre.

Daniel Hostettler, Managing Director

Been to Blantyre? Share your experiences!