“Average at best ”

Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Lawrence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

So I've been dying to go here. Heard tons of great things. So one sunny afternoon this past week, I took my self on a road trip to check it out. Wasn't worth the day off I gave up to get here! Two guys behind the counter, one super friendly and very helpful. The other, eh. Certainly customer service wasn't his thing. I was looking for something in particular. I called ahead, was reassured there was plenty. There was not but that's not the point. The one nice young man made some calls for me to see if he could locate what I was looking for and salvage my trip. The other young man sent me to their "design center". I say that with a Hint of sarcasm in my voice. The "design center" is nothing of the sort. You have to walk to another (super sketchy) building. Take the old run down elevator to the 4th floor. Walk down a long hallway to find a room full of over flow stuff from the other building. Same old, same old. Really??
Again, nothing I was told was there was in fact there. A disappointment all around. Except to one nice young man... hint, he wasn't related to the owner. If you're in the area, pop in. If you're not, don't make a special trip. I was looking for this place to live up to its hype. Sorry to disappoint:(

All reviews
"elevator"
"thursday"
"jewelry"

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Had been wanting to visit this place for a while. Stopped in on a Thursday and it wasn't very busy. Lots of antiques and interesting things to see. Prices were fairly reasonable, didn't end up buying very much so didn't try dickering. Also checked out the design center that is in another building across the parking lot. It was fun to look around and see what they had, it takes a while to get through it all. Some nice items to be found, it was worth the trip.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Enjoyed the large mill floors filled with stuff. Always fun to look. It was nice to see a large line at the check out. Always find something not really needed. Can take a long time to walk thru to see everything. Had some free snacks along the way too, such as coffee and donuts. We traveled 1 hr 45 mins. Good day out.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Definitely worth the trip. Off street parking, & right off Rt. 495. Has a little of everything, for everyone!

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

So I decided to take the 1.5 hour drive to check this place out that had 4 floors and over 100 vendors. Once I got there it was kinda 4 floors and over 75 vendors. The first floor sucks you in to see more, we'll the remaining floors had "shabby chic" furniture. I don't care for that, especially since it is not refinishing back to its original luster, but putting on a flat black crappy finish over a piece of maple or oak. Don't waste your time. The few antiques were a bit pricey and common place.

3  Thank Janice L