“No draught beer!”

Scott Arms
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

No draught beer 2 sundays running. Pathetic! Keeps running out of snacks. Went to Malt Shovel instead!

Date of experience: July 2017

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Good meal large portion excellent service only one fault very noisy mind you it was Saturday and hot weather

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice time in the pub. Having a drink and watching sports. Drinks are reasonably priced and staff are very nice as well. Yes will recommend people to go there.

They also have a restaurant there as well people come with families and always busy.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I have been here infrequently over a lot of years, it had become a bit tired, but after a recent refurbishment seemed much better.
But on latest visit food not available due to some randomness.
Guess really is just a drinking pub for locals to watch sport.
Nothing at all wrong with that, but expect nothing more.

Date of experience: January 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Scott arms pub is great for a beer in front of the sport. Just eat before you get there. Or after.

I've had a few meals here just because it is so close to us . The first time I had rump steak which I asked for blue. It arrived medium well and was practically inedible because I couldn't get my knife through it. My best bet was trying to tear it apart. Even with a steak knife I don't think I could have cut most of it. Was very disappointing and I ate about two mouthfuls then stopped. The chips were good though.

The other day when we went I decided to get half a roast chicken. I didn't think it would be hard to do a bad roast chicken. I was wrong.

It was the toughest, stringiest chicken I've ever seen. I had to cover the little bits I cut off in sauce to even make it edible. It was so disappointing. I know people are scared of serving undercooked chicken because of illness but really. I feel it had been being cooked for literally hours. Once again I didn't eat (apart from chips - yum).

Don't eat here apart from chips. Otherwise it's fine.

Date of experience: July 2016