“Birthday”

Scott Arms
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Good meal large portion excellent service only one fault very noisy mind you it was Saturday and hot weather

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice time in the pub. Having a drink and watching sports. Drinks are reasonably priced and staff are very nice as well. Yes will recommend people to go there.

They also have a restaurant there as well people come with families and always busy.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I have been here infrequently over a lot of years, it had become a bit tired, but after a recent refurbishment seemed much better.
But on latest visit food not available due to some randomness.
Guess really is just a drinking pub for locals to watch sport.
Nothing at all wrong with that, but expect nothing more.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Scott arms pub is great for a beer in front of the sport. Just eat before you get there. Or after.

I've had a few meals here just because it is so close to us . The first time I had rump steak which I asked for blue. It arrived medium well and was practically inedible because I couldn't get my knife through it. My best bet was trying to tear it apart. Even with a steak knife I don't think I could have cut most of it. Was very disappointing and I ate about two mouthfuls then stopped. The chips were good though.

The other day when we went I decided to get half a roast chicken. I didn't think it would be hard to do a bad roast chicken. I was wrong.

It was the toughest, stringiest chicken I've ever seen. I had to cover the little bits I cut off in sauce to even make it edible. It was so disappointing. I know people are scared of serving undercooked chicken because of illness but really. I feel it had been being cooked for literally hours. Once again I didn't eat (apart from chips - yum).

Don't eat here apart from chips. Otherwise it's fine.