“Less is not more. ”

Behind the Bookstore
Ranked #28 of 70 Restaurants in Edgartown
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Really disappointing. Ordered a cappuccino, paid and gave a tip. When barista put the cup on the counter for me, I saw a small 8oz cup that was 3/4’s full. I asked about the cup size and why it wasn’t in the 12oz cup. “Oh we put lattes in those, cappuccinos in the smaller.” Hmm
So I figure got 3ozs of coffee, 1oz of foam, and 2ozs of empty space for $5, and waited 5:30 to get it. Not even close to being worth it. Too many other choices in town, so I’ll leave this cafe Behind.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Ok, it is Martha's Vineyard so if you are there you know the prices are high and this place won't disappoint on that point! The food was very good. Nice vibe .

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We decide to try the cafe Behind the Bookstore. Service is order at the counter; limited sandwiches and drinks; deliver orders to the table. The sandwiches were good, and the lunch was relaxing in the shade.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I just moved to the island and so happy my first latte was fantastic! It’s so nice to see that the Starbucks franchise hasn’t taken over, and to have even better coffee available!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We have been here a few times prior and have had OK experiences. The cafe offers a nice breakfast and we have been back for drinks "under the lights". This past visit for breakfast was odd - the servers had a lot of attitude, the menu had some a bit to fu-fu and the prices were up significantly. Never went back in the evening. Not sure is we will go back in the future ...