“Good food but great service”
Review of Legal C Bar

Legal C Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal C Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 93 Restaurants in Dedham
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rustcraft Road
Description: From Legal Sea Foods, Legal C Bar emerges – a focused yet full-flavored social urban venue, casual in style. Classic “C” fare like clams, cod, calamari as well as custom cocktails and carafes provides a contemporary, comfortable experience. Our all-day menu features favorites from Legal Sea Foods and LTK as well as new exclusives. Forty-two specialty cocktails and 25 wines by-the-glass satisfy any thirst for fun. Two bars (including one food bar) anchor the restaurant which also features communal tables, wedge booths and mezzanine seating. Come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our restaurant within the new Legacy Place lifestyle center will get you hooked.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been reviewing other restaurants with great food and poor service and guess what - I’d rather go to a restaurant like this with adequate to good food and absolutely great service. I was there with my aunt for lunch and our waitress, Cassidy, was absolutely superb. She didn’t hover but she was there for everything. - answered our questions,explained things on the menu, brought us drink refills, additional rolls, made sure we were happy with our food. Cleared off any trash or used utensils etc. all with a great smile. Clearly there is some kind of training program at Legals because my other experiences at the last two restaurants I went to were awful - they should all have to go to the Legal’s training. thanks Cassidy for a lovely lunch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my first visit to Legal C Bar, a concept owned by the Legal Sea Foods chain.

The wine list is decent and the menu covers the favourites most would expect.
The food itself was ok, but nothing to write home about.

I ordered lobster bisque for a starter and it was fairly average and I expected it to be more refined that it was.

My main course was the swordfish and although the presentation was good, the fish itself was dry and overcooked. For the money, I felt the quality was lacking and certainly not a place I would return to given the cost vs quality ratio I experienced.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ate with family: of six meals three were sent back. Find too heavily, or not cooked at at. service was ok, but for a place that has competition 50 feet away, this place is perilously close to throwing its customer base back.
I would NOT go there again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a business lunch here with three people yesterday. For starters, we split an order of coconut shrimp and an order of crab cakes. Shrimp was overcooked and dried out, but the crab cakes was really quite good. Lots of lump crab and not overbearing stuffing with spices just right so as not to overpower the sweet crab.
I ordered fried clams, which is one of my favorite seafood meals. Arguably the worst I have ever had. The batter was far to heavy and the clams overcooked. They tasted like they were frozen from a box. They really should be ashamed to serve crap like that. Take them off the menu!
The other members of my party were a bit more pleased, but they had salads. One of the salads was served with a piece of salmon on top that was broken into several pieces and was overcooked. Not a good presentation.
Our server was ok, and she did a good job.
I will not go back.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Since legal C bar opened in Legacy we have been regular customers, We have had times when the food was not great, or the service was not what it should be, but overall the food & service have been good. the last few months it seems both the food and service have gone downhill. After our experience it is going to take me a very long time before i would consider eating there. Our server was unfriendly, he took our drink & dinner order (did not go through the specials as usually they do. 45 minutes later we called him, there was no sign of our food, we asked if the kitchen was backed up, he did not know. 15 minutes later our food came out, I had ordered grilled cajun salmon well cooked with a salad, & my husband ordered sachimi tuna with a red salad. My salmon was practically raw and there was no cajun spices, i reminded him that I had asked for it to be cooked through he became very defensive, I did not get the chance to remind him that i had also asked for it with cajun spices, he left. My husband started to eat his salad & when he dug his fork into the salad he noticed a piece of metal tubing more than an inch long in the middle of his salad, a total surprise when a manager, came over at our request she looked at the metal, did not display any sign of surprise, or shock, she was very cool about it, "oh i don't know what that could be but I will have them make you another salad" we asked what was going our waiter seemed unhappy, the food took forever, my salmon.. i did not even finish my sentence, she interrupted me: i know about your salmon" & walked off. No apology was given, no reaction, this left us stunned. 10 mins later she came back with my salmon, asked me to cut into my salmon, which had become very tough, but cooked, she said, i have taken care of both your meals,you will have to pay for your drinks & left. We ordered desert to take out , asked for bill paid for the drinks and deserts & left. Will we go back again to legal C Bar, I doubt it.