All reviews front porch lighthouse beach minute walk ocean view great location engagement party new ownership couple months second story complimentary wine quiet street an older building floor room can't beat the location quintessential cape cod art galleries staff was friendly and accommodating
Reviewed 10 September 2018

We stayed for 2 nights in a 2 queen bed room. The good things are the location, easy access to beach and an easy 10 minute walk into town. Breakfast was basic but a good start to the day(perhaps orange juice would be a good addition?).
The room was large, basic and clean and the beds comfortable. It would be nice to have a mirror in the bedroom and in other hotels for the same price little extras such as hairdryer and bottled water are a nice touch. The bathroom was tiny with old fixtures and fittings...maybe this is still to be updated! We thought for the rate we paid this wasn't great value.
We did however love the area.

Room tip: We were in Room 109, the entrance to our room was between room 108's bedroom and bathroom!!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff K, Director of Sales at Surfside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for the review. We hope to have you back as we continue to make upgrades to the property. We are excited for what our return guests will say as so many things are improving and continuing to grow. It's going to be awesome and I'm sorry you felt a bit slighted in the short-term. We will make it up to you in the future. Please reach out to me when you can come back.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

My girlfriend & I had an incredibly fun and comfortable stay at the quaint and beautiful Surfside Inn in Chatham! The location is great - very short walk to Lighthouse Beach and a short drive to the Chatham shops. Our room was very comfortable and clean, and we enjoyed the breakfast, ice machine, and lots of outdoor and indoor seating. The Surfside Inn provided ice and beach chairs and had everything we needed and more. Adam was super friendly and helpful! We cannot wait to come back and stay longer!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff K, Director of Sales at Surfside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for this great review! We are so excited you found us. Come back to us again soon so we can start a tradition!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Cute place when you drive up and at a great location close to the beach. We sat out in front at the fire pit at night which was great. No air conditioning in the rooms, our room was the first room in the Inn that you come to on the first floor. There was a large very noisy fan in the one window in the room that propped open the broken window. No curtains just a shade on the window which if you had the fan on it could not be down. The outside spotlight light up the room so between that and the fan we got very little sleep. Could use some updating and maybe a ceiling fan.

Date of stay: August 2018
Adam L, Manager/Innkeeper at Surfside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

We are very sorry about the experience you had when it was hotter than normal the last few days. We added that fan in the windows in the rear two rooms to help bring in the cooler air at night as the rooms are on the back side of the building. I wish we had known you did not like the fan as we could have removed it for you. We also could have pointed our outside lights in the other direction for the night if you needed it darker in your room.

I hope you will give us another chance some time soon, let us know when you call to not give you that room and we can show you one of our other room styles.

Thanks for staying with us,

Adam

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I was in town for a family emergency, at the very height of the summer. I cannot typically afford to stay anywhere in Chatham in the off season, never mind in August, but I lucked into an open room at a reasonable price at Surfside. The room I reserved was very small, but the owners kindly upgraded me to a larger room facing the ocean, on the third floor at the very end of the inn. Besides a few minor quirks, the room was great - basic but very comfortable, with a great bed, breezy windows and skylight, a fan, and a fridge. My room didn't seem to share a wall with other rooms so it was quiet. The staff was friendly, attentive, and easy to access. The inn overall was quiet and peaceful, even on an August weekend. The beach access is awesome. I couldn't have asked for a better place to land under the difficult circumstance. I hope to come back when I am on vacation.

Room tip: Choose a room on the third floor with an ocean view, on the very end, which doesn't share walls without other rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jeff K, Director of Sales at Surfside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you for this great review. We are so happy we were able to make this time in Chatham a little more enjoyable for you. We hope we can have you back under better circumstances again in the future so there is more time and energy to be devoted to relaxing and enjoying the Cape Cod air, atmosphere, and the amazing beaches in Chatham. Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Check in was easy and the staff are really informative, polite and helpful.
The rooms are compact (basic 2 Queen room) with not much storage space but the beds are comfy and clean and the wood panelling gives a great feel to the room. The ocean view is lovely, higher rooms give more view of the water but the views aren't bad on any level.
There's plenty of parking and areas to sit outside and enjoy watching the ocean.
They provide beach blankets, chairs and umbrellas for you to borrow for free and I think also coolers are available.
The complimentary breakfast is simple, bagels etc, but perfectly fine with tea and coffee available too. In the afternoon there is wine and cracker hour which is a lovely addition.
Short walk up to main street which has lots of shops and restaurants etc, Chatham is just fantastically cute!
The motel and its staff really make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeff K, Director of Sales at Surfside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for such a great and informational review! What could we have done to earn a 5 out of 5? I hope to have you back soon so we can show you exactly what a 5 star stay looks like.