Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$143
HomewoodUS$143
ZenHotels.comUS$166
All reviews mahi front desk staff abby clerk parking stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2021 via mobile

I was lodged here for just over a month while working on a mobile vaccination project for the Silver Spring area. The hotel staff took every precaution to follow safety protocols to combat the spread of Covid.

A special thanks to the front desk, especially Mahi, for accommodating our whimsical requests without complaint. Mahi assisted us with securing our luggage in a storage room when we arrived early on the day of check-in. She was always friendly and courteous, and put forth every effort to ensure our comfort.

We'll miss you, Mahi! Thanks for the bagels!!

Delbert

Trip type: Travelled on business
Beza Shanko, Guest Services / Front Office at Homewood Suites by Hilton Silver Spring Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2021

Thank you for your feed back. We take pride in providing exceptional service and I am glad that we were able to make your stay a memorable one. Your experience here at the Homewood Suites Silver Spring is what we aim to give every guest that stay with us.

Reviewed 25 June 2021 via mobile

This hotel was exceptionally clean and spacious in its interiors and we had a great parking deal around the corner at a facility called Towne Plaza parking overnight I believe…And the fact that masks were required and only registered key “guest” access to the hotel suites further reassured Hilton protocols for safety & cleanliness.

But the true outstanding “gem” was the young woman at the front desk who assisted my digital checkin process remotely from NC a Ms Mahi Kinde a wonderfully enchanting ‘breathe of fresh air” to hospitality and the Hilton brand!!

I was having to arrange for a digital key for my VIP associate and check in as well as get the logistics of the parking and she was like an ambassador of Good Will to the Silver Spr Bethesda, DC area!! As she was accurate, reliable, genuine and authentic!! I had a much dissimilar experience at the The Bethesda Hilton by Tapestry collection in the month of April by where the actual Gen Mgr checked me in and my VIP both of which we remain Hilton Diamond stays guests (and it was his Bdy) but the experience was conversely, most egregious and almost merited contacting Hilton Guest Assistance to lodge a full complaint!! The GM was rude, disingenuous, abrasive and abrupt!!

Ms Mahi Kinde was the genuine article for hospitality and has truly redeemed not only Hilton hotels for the area of Silver Spr but the brand excellence ‘expectation has returned!! Sometimes it’s the subordinates that KNOW more regarding hospitality than the management (save your money from staying at the The Bethesda Doubletree where incompetence abounds…) and stay at the Hilton Homewood Suites Silver Spr Wash DC!!!

The construction at the front and the besieged circadian population could do nothing to deter the high energy of the staff and the excellence found in the suite accommodations!!

And Ms Mahi Kinde is an exceptional ‘welcoming personality at the front desk!!!

Kudos to all and incentivize where you can…MsMahi is a keeper!!

Room tip: Parking overnight after 9p and before 6am can be gratis with just a few short blocks from the hotel entrance… And plenty of local eateries
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank acelestem
Beza Shanko, Guest Services / Front Office at Homewood Suites by Hilton Silver Spring Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2021

Thank you for your feed back. We take pride in providing exceptional service and I am glad that Mahi was able to make your stay a memorable one. Your experience here at the Homewood Suites Silver Spring is what we aim to give every guest that stay with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2021

From day one, Mahi, the front desk agent, received me with a warm smile and a positive attitude. Considering that this hotel is always busy since It is in downtown Silver Spring and the fact that I didn’t check in until 11pm (9 hours late from the original check-in time) due to delays with my flight. Mahi demonstrated a high level of customer service by finding me an available room to sleep for the night until she could accommodate me into a room with my preferences. I never had to call the front desk to follow up on my room situation, she called me back the following day to let me know that a room had become available and that I could move anytime I wanted. To me, getting the room I wanted was a pretty big deal considering that I was going to stay 42 nights in this hotel. However, I couldn’t do much about it since I checked in late. A hotel is a hotel regardless if it is a 3 stars or 5 stars, but the staff is what makes a regular hotel experience into a unique hotel experience and thanks to Mahi, this won’t be the first time I’m staying at Homewood Suites.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Beza Shanko, Guest Services / Front Office at Homewood Suites by Hilton Silver Spring Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Reviewed 11 June 2021

I been staying here for almost a month now. The front desk agent mahi is very great and welcoming.she
A asistsnd th us with ro everything.
Thea rooms goo are in a goodcondition.they keep the building well maintained.
Thank you for the great service and for your kindness mahi.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Beza Shanko, Guest Services / Front Office at Homewood Suites by Hilton Silver Spring Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Reviewed 11 June 2021

Day 1: Had a late arrival to the hotel. Got to the room and it was unbearably warm. Cranked the A/C and eventually (after a couple of hours) the room did get colder. There is a ceiling fan, but the remote control has no batteries, so it's useless. There is only one hanger in the closet, no iron or ironing board. There is a light bulb missing from the bedside lamp. There is no trash bin in the bathroom. Wifi, fridge, microwave seem to be working fine.

Still have 5 more days to go.. I will update the review as I go.

Day 2: I walked in today to find hangers, a fully functional fan/remote control, iron/ironing board. I also took a light bulb from another lamp and used it on the side table lamp. So all in all, a much pleasant experience.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disheartened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Rest assure we have communicated your concerns to all the proper departments to ensure we provide exceptional service to you moving forward. We appreciate your honesty and understanding.

We Hope to welcome you back soon in the near future.