All reviews scones eastern shore historic town enjoyed our stay stayed nights monkfish bed was very comfortable st michaels tavern guests poets bike
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I purchased a weekend reservation here for me and my partner. The hotel is very old, and not much renovation has been done to keep the place from getting dirty and fallign apart. There is no central AC, so each room has a window unit (this is loud when you sleep so it gets kind of annoying). There was no TV in our room, which was disappointing as the "common area" is a very small, non air conditioned closet like space.

The first morning breakfast was fine, as there were 2 other couples. Not a large assortment but enough to eat.

The second morning we came down around 9:30 (whereas breakfast is 9-10). The only addition that had been made to accomodate the 3 additional stayers was one extra frittata. However when we got down there, 1/2 of the ham frittata was left, and the entire vegetarian one was gone. (I am vegetarian so this was a problem). Though the chef was very nice and engaged in conversation, he did not check on this at all, and it left us and another group to only have croissants and fruit for breakfast. As a vegetarian I was really upset. We shouldn't have had to come into a no food situation without refills and felt awkward about asking for food...But it is what it is.

Then, when we went to go upstairs to get our things to leave, the entire handle of the door broke off, and we couldn't get into our room. No one from the Inn was even there. The chef nicely assisted us, and we eventually got in. But, that is an example of the old run-down feel of the Inn.

Overall, it was a very musty smelling area, and it was a lot darker and dated than the online pictures made it seem. There were no inviting areas or Inn Keepers that cared about your stay or told you ideas of things to do (which we got from previous Inn experiences elsewhere). It was pretty odd and bare bones for a Bed & Breakfast.

Oh, we did bring back some wine from St. Michaels, to which we asked one of the Inn workers to open - she did - but rudely insulted our taste in wine, stating that it was basically Koolaid. Thanks? But I like sweet wines? It was all very strange and not welcoming.

We will not return to this hotel, and I really feel like I wasted my money on a subpar stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jens12696
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. Our room was on the top floor with a number of steps so if you have an issue with stairs you might want to give them a call and ask about the rooms. Also there is no TV in the rooms which was fine with us. A Tavern is attached to the Inn which was a nice plus.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed on the 3rd floor and everything was clean and comfortable. Dinner at Pope's was a great. Fresh rockfish is always a treat. Breakfast before we left put the icing on the cake for a perfect stay. Delicious frittata, bacon, fresh fruit and scones. So nice to have a buffet just for us. We would definitely come back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife and I booked a night at the Oxford inn as a little getaway for our 25th anniversary. As part of the experience we ate dinner at the Pope's Tavern on the first floor. The entire experience was the definition of charming, and everyone at the Inn and the tavern was friendly and bent over backwards to be of service. Oxford is an lovely little historic town on a tight peninsula with gorgeous vistas. And staying at the historic Inn felt as if we were guests in someone's home. We'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I opted for sleepy Oxford instead of touristy St Michaels and decided to stay here as its restaurant(Popes Tavern)had some good reviews.The Inn is easy to find as it's on the main road into Oxford and there was plenty of free parking across the street.There is no elevator in the Inn and our room was up about 3 flights of stairs but this was no big deal.Check in was easy and we found the owners and staff very friendly.The room itself(the Rose Suite)was a bit on the small side but we expected this as the Inn is an older property.There was no TV which was a blessing and we didn't miss this at all.The air con in the room was very efficient if a tad noisy and there was a small sitting room adjacent which I enjoyed for a quiet read or snooze after a few beers.The bathroom was small but had everything we needed.We had a meal in Popes Tavern on the night we arrived and enjoyed the food very much.I tried the Rockfish which was excellent.The Inn also provided a light continental breakfast each morning which was a nice touch.Overall we had a restful stay here and the only thing we really missed was a small refrigerator to store a pint of milk etc.The staff will stash drinks in the hotels fridge though if you ask.The Inn was a pleasant change from the big hotels we normally stay in when in the States and we felt the overall ambience merited the maximum rating.We would certainly stay here again as Oxford is a lovely little town and is an ideal base for exploring this beautiful part of Maryland

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple