“What a cool place - really loved the setup ”

Fish Tales Bar & Grill
Ranked #52 of 467 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Description: "...little slice of Paradise here in Ocean City, Maryland! Overlooking the Bay at 21st street, Fish Tales, located in Bahia Marina, used to be just a locals hideout. Throughout the years the "word" has spread about this treasure-on-the-bay! Still keeping its quaint, relaxed feel, Fish Tales has grown immensely since its doors opened in 1983. Whether you come by boat, car or bike, we have parking for all means of transportation. In addition to our original "Old Bar," we have added the "Boat Bar" and an outdoor beach area to meet your dining and cocktail needs. If you choose to sit on the beach, you can enjoy an umbrella-shaded table during the day or tiki torches by night. To satisfy your taste buds, we offer a wide selection of lite fare, full entrees and kids' meals, in addition to our eclectic daily specials. Swing by the bar and grab your favorite beverage, whether frozen, mixed or out of the tap; we have it all! We even offer some of our own personal favorites, such as Orange Crushes. These are complemented by our Happy Hour specials. So sit back and enjoy your libation in our two sets of Sky Chair lounges!"
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

On a recent visit to Ocean City, we found Fish Tales just a a couple blocks from our hotel, located on the waterfront docks of the bay. It is such a cool place to hang out and eat. They have so many interesting spaces around the place. They have an indoor bar and seating area. They have outdoor seating on picnic benches in the sand. They have big swinging hammock seats for the adults. For the kids they have a whole play area with jungle gym type stuff on the sand. What is also great, is they have a ton of brightly colored chairs and benches lining the docks, where you can hang out before or after your meal.

We ended up going here to eat dinner twice during our short stay. My wife loved their black bean sandwich so much that she kept asking for details on the sauce (secret).

It gets pretty busy for prime time dinner hours. Figure on an hour wait for a table. We went off peak both times and it was easy to get a table.

The music they play is great, if you like 70s rock. Not too loud unless you are right near the hostess station or the bar itself.

The view of the bay is fantastic, especially as the sun is heading to bed.

The second visit we had a waitress named Dana - by far the best wait person we came across during our entire visit to OC. Endless patience. Always genuinely friendly. Helpful and efficient.

I had a wrap the first time there and filet of flounder on the second trip. The only thing slightly off was the baked potato. A bit small and a bit hard (undercooked for my taste). I also had a couple of their Pina Coladas - which were very good.

Plenty of their own, free parking if you are driving.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 232)

16 - 20 of 1 232 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So, I think this place is totally overrated. It is way overpriced and the food isn’t very good. I got the seafood platter for $40 and the vegetables were not cooked the potato was undercooked and the seafood was pretty blah. To top it off one of the hosts literally put a highchair on top of my daughter. Like he set it on top of her while she was standing there. A manager and some other people came over to ask about it and offered to give her some ice cream but we were finished and ready to just leave at that point. Totally was not worth the hour wait and the ridiculously high bill.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The playground for the kids was great (however, it would have been nice if parents watched their kids a bit more). Our food was very good - only (minor) complaint would be that I wish my seafood burrito had a bit more sauce on it to make it more interesting.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here because we had 3 kids and they had playground to occupy kids while you wait for food to show up or after they are done eating. Got here at 5pm on Sunday and not busy. But by 5:30 the line for table was nuts. The menu prices I thought were too high. The entrees for dinner topped out at $40. I can see why they don’t put prices on their website for the menu. I ended up getting fish tacos which was good and my husband got a $16 sandwich (yes basically a sandwich that should have been priced at $8 was $16.. ) so menu honestly was double priced what it was worth.

I will say the kids had fun at the playground but you have to supervise your kids cause it’s nuts in there with the unsurpervised kids. They also had a lady doing face and arm paintings for free, which was nice. Not sure if all that was worth the menu prices. This place probably gets crazy at night with the drinking as well. So probably would not return with the cost of food. Plenty of other places with cheaper prices.. when we were done we got out of there quick cause it was super busy.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Relaxed, fun, happy atmosphere on the bay. This place just has a laid back, fun vibe that makes it one of my favorite places around.

If you happen to be around when the soft shell crabs are available get them. They are outstanding.

Great selection of food and drinks. We didn’t try the drinks, but they sure looked good. The food was great, from local seafood dishes to interesting takes on tacos and the mango salads. Some tables are in the sand and others are in with the bars.

We had a great time here and just really enjoyed this little oasis on the bay.

Been to Fish Tales Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!