“Just Skip this Place”

Price range: US$18 - US$26
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: World famous baby back ribs! It all starts with the food, and since 1983 we have been serving up the moistest, most tasty, fall off the bone great ribs you will ever have. Not to be outdone by the ribs the rest of our menu, including Juicy steaks, and unbelievably good crab cakes and seafood, and salads, offers something for everyone. Our newly updated dining room will deliver an upscale experience at many different price points. Or if you choose a little more relaxed experience, our pub has 30+ high def tvs for all the latest sports action, 24 craft draft beers, and an extensive wine, and whiskey list. If you have not been in for a while, or are looking to impress that special one, or your family, Nicks is a place that should be on your must do list.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was the worst meal we had in our stay at Ocean City. We went in and they were packed. We got seated right away. I ordered shrimp and ribs. My husband got a steak. I think they were so busy, they just started cooking meals ahead of time and so, when we got our food (literally we got our meals in like 5 minutes) they were already overdone. The sweet potato I got with my meal seemed like it was baked the day before and rewarmed, and the shrimp was like shoe leather. The ribs fell of the bone and were the best part of the meal, but that wasn't saying much. They had been sitting under the warmer so long, the barbeque sauce was practically dried on there. My husband's steak was not much better. With all the great places in Ocean City, just read other reviews and go somewhere else. You'll be glad you did.

3  Thank Sharonpink1959
MrTUGO, Owner at Nick's House of Ribs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Wow must have been a bad day for you. Actually we are really good at what we do, which is why you where seated in a packed restaurant right away. And of course we would have been happy to address any of your concerns, HAD WE HAVE KNOWN. And quicker than it took to right this mean, uninformed review.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I come to Ocean City every year sometimes twice and year from New York. My family of 6 and I ALWAYS go to Nicks a few times during the week or weekend when we are in town because they HAD the best ribs/Steak and just BBQ I have ever eaten. I have even reviewed how amazing Nicks WAS.

I have been there a few times since the ownership has changed to see if maybe I got them on a bad night. But this isn't the same Nicks. The ribs have went downhill quick. They are very dry almost like they had them under a heat lamp for hours. The steaks are tough and grisly. The sides are bland and boring. My fries were even dry. The prices have skyrocketed!!! Not that prices are a game changer if the food is good but its not. I am not sure what changes they have made but we miss the old Nicks. We will be back in town in August maybe we give it a final try...................

2  Thank Bill B
MrTUGO, Owner at Nick's House of Ribs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

DONT.
We have improved every last thing from the wait times, the quality and variety of the food, the decor,and the service. Literally hundreds of hours where spent on menu development, food quality, and service. Hundreds of thousands of real dollars were spent on new decor ( good bye 80 s) and modern equipment. And we are quite proud of our improvements. We know everyone works hard to earn their money, and we have worked hard to ensure that everyone gets great food and great service at a great price. And our reviews and quest counts reflect that. We have worked too hard, and improved too much, to endure mean spirited attacks, such as yours. Sir, prices are not going back to the 2002 pricing that existed, and the old decor went in the dumpster where it belonged. As far as food quality, if you where not happy with your food we would have done everything in our power to fix it for you. Had you have let us know.
SADLY, we realize, no matter how hard we try, we can not make everyone happy. I believe a divorce is in order. I know it's drastic and severe. I know we have not talked about it. I know it will be tough. However It will be best for us both in the long run.
513-368-4928

Reviewed 25 June 2018

First time eating here, food was good. I had the single crab cake. Liked the choice of a cucumber salad.

MrTUGO, Owner at Nick's House of Ribs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Really get excited about five stars. And three stars too. But we like five stars better. We will keep on trying hard regardless of the stars, because thats how we roll.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Generally I finish my week out at Nicks and my coworker and I split an onion loaf and pick apart a rack of baby backs. Unfortunately this year we didn’t have the opportunity to do our norm and dine in. We did however make it a point to call in an order before heading home with the thought of having a nice dinner once arriving safely at home.
3 hours and 184 miles later, the ribs were just as delicious as I’ve remembered from years past of dining in.
Thank goodness there was no traffic as the smell of bbq wafted through the truck, and the slightest opportunity to dive in would have proven a messy and dangerous proposition for the commute.
If you can’t find time to enjoy Nicks and dining in, getting it to go makes for an easy and tasty solution for a welcome home meal.

Dean o You made our day! No you really did. Sad you couldnt come in, we have been working hard to make this ole girl even more spectacular and fun. And make the food and menu even better. Youll like the changes. Hope to see you later this summer.
Nicks

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Although the food wasn’t half bad the experience started off so poorly that it just didn’t matter. The matr D was quite frankly an idiot and wouldnt allow us to have a table until the rest of our party was present. I can understand that policy but when there is no one in the place its rediculus. Like the scene from meet the parents when Stiller is standing at the ticket counter in the airport and the attendant calls ever row before his to board when there’s no one in the waiting area. Anyway. For ribs and chicken at resort prices it fails miserable with the bad service. I would skip this jont in pursuit of better value for your money and hopefully to avoid the idiot we encountered. Be well.

1  Thank Crenz1964
MrTUGO, Owner at Nick's House of Ribs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Wow. So he deserves to be called names, and we deserve this mean review, because you where waiting for the rest of your party. Ouch. Hope you have a great weekend in spite of your horrible experience.