“Good specialty coffee and great spot to relax or get some work done”

Java Beach Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #9 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Ocean City
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

There is a small strip of restaurants, cafes, shops and ice cream places attached to the Stowaway Grand Hotel. We hit three of them during a recent visit to OC. The Java Beach place I went to almost everyday. It has indoor seating with good AC and outdoor seating with a nice view of the boardwalk and ocean. There are also about a dozen rocking chairs and several tables and chairs in the entryway of the hotel, right next to Java Beach.

I would go every morning to get a few hours of work in. I would get my Caramel Macchiato and usually sit at a table in the corner of the hotel entryway. There was even an outlet for my laptop. The coffee is better at Starbucks, but this is still pretty good.

The staff were always pleasant and the drink was always done right.

One night we all went in to get smoothies. They use a mix for anything but straight banana. They were ok.

They had some pretty good looking bakery items, like the big cinnamon rolls, but I didn’t get a chance to try anything.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I don't drink iced coffees from anywhere else but this shop. The quality, price and service are out of this world.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Coffee was good and this year gave a choice if you wanted organic coffee. The service lacks a little in communication sometimes due to language issues, but we still love this shop right on the boardwalk in the Grand hotel on 21st street.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Java Beach Café is nothing but consistent. The service is consistently unfriendly. The minimum $10 credit card charge for a three dollar coffee is consistently unfair given the paperless world that we live in. On a Saturday morning the wait time is consistently long as they are understaffed. No trash bags in the trash cans. At 7 AM people were standing and waiting because there was no coffee brewed. Starbucks is a half mile away, I recommend going there.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

This is a small little cafe and the prices are ridiculous. The sales lady was not very friendly. She was annoyed that I put my items back after she rubng up the ridiculous prices. I refused to pay almost 7.09 for ice cream.