GardenInn.com
Homewood
US$134
Courtyard
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

Hampton Inn Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$111
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$178
US$155
US$157
SpringHill Suites
US$138
US$127
Priceline
All reviewswhole foodsthe club loungewaterside restaurantwalking pathparking garageview of the lakehotel barcolumbia town centerfront desk staffclose proximitymerriweather post pavilionexcellent customer servicemalltyronebellmanterrybebe
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm writing this to express a very disturbing stay we had June 8-10, 2018. I am unsure if everything happened because we booked it through a travel site and not directly through Starwood or not, but it was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had...and I travel around twice a month for both business and pleasure.

1) To start, we were offered a room that was the farthest from the registration possible...and had to drive to the room that was the last (very last lodge) on the complex

2) The entry to this particular building (and I look at all of the others) was delapidated and didn't look safe, but we proceeded. Despite the dead bird and feathers we had to step over.

3) There was on old mattress and trash leaned up against ice machine in the vending "area"

4) Our sheets had MULTIPLE yellow stains on them so we immediately called the front desk.

5) The phone did not work, so I had to use my cell phone to call the front desk and ask for new sheets.

6) Upon taking the sheets off the bed, we noticed BLOOD DROPS on the duvet.

7) Under the sheets was a mattress protector that had holes in them (possible moths), that covered a mattress in which we are certain a body decomposed on it becuase of the ENORMOUS stain on it.

8) The television did not work so when I called the front desk (on my cell phone), the engineer came and stated "oh yeah, we've been having issues for about a week". So he jiggled the chord and said "well you just have to keep the tv exactly like this so the chord doesn't move". Wtf?

9) Upon entering the bathroom, the back of the door was splattered with "something"...unknown.

10) The in-room coffee condiments were old and the straws were bent broken and unusable.

11) Housekeeping ONLY turned down the bed, and did not clean anything (didn't take old sheets/cover, didn't replace the bottled waters, didn't take the used cups and glasses, didn't replace the glasses).

12) And the vent in the shower had dust so thick that we kept the air/conditioning off becuase it was blowing dust in our faces.

13) Although I didn't get SPG points, they didn't even recognize me and turned their nose up despite my SPG status again, becuase it was a prepaid room. It seems as though this was the punishment room for those who didn't purchase directly through Starwood.

I am highly disgusted, disturbed and offended by this "Sheraton" room and service. I paid CLOSE attention to other guests that registered before me and who were getting assistance who clearly were recognized as SPG members, however, my service was TOTALLY different. I have friends that work for Starwood and they advised me to contact them (did that to NO avail) directly because this is horrible...and so I am. I hope and look forward to a resolution to our most disturbing stay ever. (Still haven't heard from Sheraton...maybe the BBB can prompt a response)

Room Tip: The good rooms are at other hotels...not this one.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany S
Isata D, Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Tiffany S,
We sincerely apologize for your recent experience at our property, this is unacceptable and want to ensure that we take these matters serious and our entire management is committed to ensure that every item you addressed we train our staff to a higher standard. We appreciate your feedback and if you could call me directly we will ensure that we make it right from your stay. We hope after we speak with you that we can invite you back to show you our true service experience.

RODNEY TYRE CFBE, CHA

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have a new assistant and hadn’t realized she booked me into this place. Now I’m here for 4 nights...same stuff. Picture attached looks just like November bathroom vent for that room. Guess hotel management either doesn’t read reviews or simply chooses to ignore them.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Chuck M
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Our organization held its second meeting at the Sheraton in Columbia. Bebe coordinated another fantastic event; the catering and reception event were perfect. We had a great time with our bartender Angela. Sandra the banquet captain kept the entire evening moving smoothly. The team (including George, Giles, Miriam and Pierre) made sure the whole night went off without a hitch, even with several last minute setup changes that we requested. The location is easy to get to, though the Sheraton is somewhat hidden by other buildings and the parking garage. The patio view of the water makes up for this entirely as we were able to enjoy a few of our drinks outdoors. The interior is clean and classy, and the banquet rooms can be combined to open the space up quite nicely. We've had event for 60 to 90 people and highly recommend combining the banquet rooms so people have ample space. We had zero issues with I.T., but support was in reach the entire time. Overall value for the event is hard to beat when comparing prices to other nearby venues. The low price of the event doesn't reflect in the high quality of food and exceptional level of very friendly and attentive service though! We are certain to hold events here at the Sheraton in the future if their schedule permits. Book early!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve had several small conferences at this property. The team at the Sheraton (Larry Wilson, Scott Evans, George Portes, and Tara Gaudi) always take very good care of us. They manage the guests arrival and all of the set up and cleaning of the meeting space. Great staff and the location is perfect! Close to many restaurants, the Mall in Columbia, even a grocery store; all within walking distance! The Sheraton is right on the lake and has a great jogging path as well. Our attendees really like it when we bring them in to the Sheraton Town Center in Columbia.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This woman greeted me with such kindness!!
She was very welcoming and went above and beyond to help me gather breakfast for myself and my husbsnd so i could bring it upstairs to our room. She is truley a pleasure!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple