“Lovely view - that's all”
Review of The Turn House

The Turn House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Turn House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 276 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Harpers Farm Road
Description: The Turn House uses fresh and local ingredients to create delicious and innovative dishes. Whether you are stopping by for a frosty cocktail with friends, family dinner on the patio, or a cozy date night by one of our fireplaces, it is guaranteed that you will enjoy not only the quality food but the casual and friendly atmosphere! July 1st 2016 Thomas Zippelli assumed the role of Owner and Executive Chef. Thomas graduated with bachelor in Culinary Arts from Johnson and Wales University. For three years Thomas worked under Chef Daniel Humm at Eleven Madison Park in New York City and for 2.5 years under Chef Thomas Keller at the French Laundry. Please come and visit us again and ask for me. Visit our website for holiday hours: http://theturnhouse.com/
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Easter brunch - terrible. Two people brought water, but it took 15 minutes for a waiter to come take our drink order. Spent most of the meal with dirty dishes and empty glasses in front of us. Ordered a drink refill only to be asked 10 minutes later if I wanted a refill. Waiters in jeans in a "fancy upscale" restaurant on Easter Sunday!?! Eggs were dry and tasteless, bacon was burnt, sausage link was white, fruit display was picked through with nothing left but melon, lamb and ham were inedible cheap cuts of meat. And, when the check arrived it already had a 20% gratuity built in! WE WILL NOT BE BACK. So wish I could talk to the owner or manager.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We had our book club meeting here. The service was very good for such a big group. Our food was delicious and didn't take long to come out at all. Hope we have a future meeting here.

meeshz, Manager at The Turn House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thanks for your review! Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent 6 course meal for Valentine’s Day. Delicate Hamachi fish, delicious ravioli with Meyer lemon sauce, such a surprise! The whole meal was a delight. Definitely coming back for the regular menu.

meeshz, Manager at The Turn House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you for your kind review! Definitely come back soon!

- Michelle @ The Turn House

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I've lived in Howard County for over 30 years and this was the single best meal I've ever had. I've enjoyed many outstanding meals at all the top spots (Tersiguel's, Kings Contrivance, Aida Bistro, Portalli's), but, in my mind, nothing compares to The Turn House. Yes, it's just one visit on a weeknight when they weren't jam-packed. But young chef Thomas Zippelli (formerly of The world-famous French Laundry in CA) and his talented crew are working at a level that his competition can only aspire to. Ingredients, preparation, presentation and service -- all perfect. I chose all seafood: a Seared Scallops appetizer followed by Shrimp and Grits. Stunning, simply stunning. My wife's French Onion Soup was decadently delicious, and her Drum Fish entree was perfectly cooked, with baby clams and smoky pork in a seafood broth rounding out an eye-catching plate. And the chocolate mousse? Don't ask. Just go. The sooner, the better. Then you'll know what I'm talking about.

1  Thank EC_Bill
meeshz, Manager at The Turn House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words!! Hope
To see you again soon!

Thanks
Michelle @ The Turn House

Reviewed 9 February 2018

My wife and I took her daughter to the Turn House for some dinner and drinks. We were seated in the separate dining room which was empty as the main room seemed packed. Dan, our server who was also bartending that night came to greet us, take our drink orders. My wife ordered a Smoked Old Fashion and Dan brought his Blowtorch and Wood Chips to the table and prepared her Smoked Old Fashion. Very Cool, to say the least. The three of us ordered three small plates and shared the delicious food. Later, a Chocolate Mousse and a 16oz. French Pressed Coffee, completed the feast. I see some other reviews about service lacking during their meals, but, let me say this, on our trip to the Turn House, we were served as well as I have ever been served before. Anywhere.

meeshz, Manager at The Turn House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thank you for your review!

Hope to see you back in soon!!

- michelle @ The Turn house