Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Staff are great and the scenery is lovely.

Took a canoe trip from grove ferry with the girlfriend. Both loved it! Lovely stretch of river with... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
davidrR1019AS
Margate, United Kingdom
via mobile
a lovely way to spend an afternoon

The staff were really friendly and prepared you well before you set off. We paddled from Fordwich... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2018
cd197613
Kent, United Kingdom

All reviews grove ferry life jackets the river george and dragon buoyancy aids safety briefing pub lunch beautiful stretch relaxing afternoon start point great fun hour trip lovely morning beautiful trip two hours recommend this trip sunny day
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Great way to spend a lovely summer evening, really relaxing paddling down the river spotting wildlife. Friendly, informative guides and some much fun.

Canoe_Wild, Manager at Canoe Wild, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a superb evening and we enjoyed spending it with you. We hope you will join us again on the river.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The canoe trip down Stour River was marvellous. Very professional from the team, very relaxed, and such a great option by picking us up again from the pub down the river! Highly recommended

Canoe_Wild, Manager at Canoe Wild, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi, thank you for your lovely review. We really enjoyed having you on the river with us and are pleased it was a fantastic experience. Please come back and see us again sometime. How about trying a different craft next time?

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I did the one hour canoe hire with my two kids (aged 5&3) for Fathers Day. Was great fun, they helped paddle with the current and my 5 year old son loved spotting wildlife and plants from the crib sheet they gave us. They weren’t much use going back against the current and wind but I guess that was daddy’s job.
If you are going to hire for a few hours and come back again then two adults would be good to paddle against the current and wind but if you’re going one way to Grove Ferry not necessary.
Next time would like to do a longer one, maybe without the kids (there are great pubs at each end and a free lift after all)....

Canoe_Wild, Manager at Canoe Wild, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi
Thank you for a great review. It was great to have you on the river with us and you were a star to paddle the children on Fathers Day! We are so pleased you enjoyed it and hope you will come and see us again. You may enjoy one of our paddle and pint evenings!!!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

My friend and I went for 2-hour canoe trip in mid June along the 6 mile river way, water was crystal clear and peaceful, butterflies along the way and apparently we were supposed to see swans too. Gorgeous way to see the rural Kent on a sunny day. Really friendly and happy staff, definitely recommend.

Hi
We are so pleased you enjoyed your paddle on the river, it is beautiful with some stunning views. We hope you will come back and join us again. How about trying one of our other craft or join us on a guided paddle.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I chose Canoe Wild for the main activity part of my sister's hen do, after being recommended them by a friend who runs a Canterbury social events group. From my first initial enquiry with Jacqui, follow up call with Andrew and then emails back and forth with Amy, the whole booking process was an absolute breeze. They worked with my budget and the specific timing I needed the activity to end (so that we could get to the next location!) really well, and made fantastic suggestions.

I booked up to 3 hours of canoeing from Fordwich down to Grove Ferry to start with, and the guys who helped us get our life jackets, paddles and onto the river were outstanding - they could see that some of the group were very nervous and really put them at ease. When we arrived to Grove Ferry, the team there were very flexible letting us take 15-20 minutes to unwind at the pub before those who wanted to take part in stand-up paddleboarding could get going with the instructor.

They all came back absolutely bursting with excitement and saying what a great time they had had.
Thank you all, but especially Amy who was a real rock and very patient whilst I gathered all the payments in. I would not hesitate to book with you again!

1  Thank Cassie_Canterbury
Canoe_Wild, Manager at Canoe Wild, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Hi Catherine
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us, you were a fantastic group and really threw yourself into the activities. It was great to see you all enjoying the craft and having fun on the water.
I'm glad the whole process was smooth and the staff were all helpful and accommodating.
We hope the wedding is a wonderful event for you all and we hope to see you all on the river again.

Thank you for your fantastic review.