“Date night with Trish and Vernon 2018.03.06”
Review of Plaza Tapatia

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Plaza Tapatia
Ranked #17 of 49 Restaurants in Chestertown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Return visit to a place we traditionally enjoy, but this time a bit disappointing. Service was not good, which is really unusual. Our "first" server" was quick to tell us she normally tends bar, not waiting tables, but was very pleasant. Unfortunately, what we ordered and what she wrote down was not the same. Our platters came out, AFTER 20 minutes.....and our server was nowhere to be found. The other server brought it out, and we quickly explained to her that this is not what we had ordered. She read back the slip, and she was correct that what was on the slip is what was brought, but we had to explain to her, we did not order what the other server wrote down. She took it all back, and they prepared the meal a second time, but must have run out of the flour tortilla's and made several of the enchaladas with the corn tortilla, that litteraly just fell apart, and seemed very pasty. We finally gave up, and accepted defeat. The manager came over before we left and apologized for the mess up and offered to compensate us, but we have been coming here for a number of years, and this is the only time I can remember being disappointed. Everyone is entitled to a off night, and this was theirs. We will be back, and hopefully, it will be back to normal.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

The restaurant was very convenient to my hotel and I was in the mood for Mexican food. I entered the restaurant around 5:30pm and was immediately greeted at the door. I was seated at a booth and water and a bowl of chips and salsa were quickly placed on the table. The chips were really good and the saIsa was about medium in heat. I ordered selection E from the Vegetarian Menu - the bean burrito with nacho cheese, cheese enchilada, and one quesadilla. It was really tasty and just enough for dinner. I would not hesitate to return if I was in the area.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Hard to believe the number of people that call this "good authentic Mexican food". Although it's run by friendly Mexicans the food is lacking in authentic flavor and actually not very good.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

You get an amazing amount of food for 10 dollars. They have just about every Mexican and Tex-mex meal you could ask for and their Texas Margaritas are good too.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Have eaten here many times...no complaints...always good standard Mexican fare...portions big...prices reasonable.