Reviews (2 681)
2 681 results
1 337
1 337
All reviews indoor pool the water's edge mini golf blue point water view chesapeake bay air hockey choptank river beach volleyball ping pong eastern shore beautiful property fire pit hot tub long weekend romantic getaway off season
138 - 143 of 2 681 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Because we were celebrating our 15 anniversary, we were looking forward to our visit and requested a quiet room. We were excited about the possibilities of our ground floor room which had a walk out patio overlooking the Choptank River. In the course of getting acclimated to the room we noticed that the sliding door was missing a screen, which we called to request as we thought it would be nice to have our door open to enjoy the breeze. While waiting for maintenance, my wife put some of our valuables in the room safe. Unfortunately, the safe door somehow locked without us putting in our own code. So, another call to maintenance to help with retrieving our items. A couple of hours later and I was ready to leave the resort, as not only did we have several visits from maintenance to resolve our screen and safe issues, the people in the adjoining rooms on both sides (who apparently knew each other), began walking across our patio to visit with each other. Why we were put in a room in between two families who knew each other, I’ll never know, but we knew the weekend would not be quiet or restful. However, both Hector and the maintenance supervisor saved the day. The maintenance supervisor drilled our safe retrieving our items, and I appreciated his pleasant can do attitude, he was really great! In talking to him I found out he loved what he did and was promoted into his current role as supervisor. I can’t say enough how much I appreciated his help. Hector found us another room on the 6th floor, which had a nice view and was quieter, at least in the evening. In the morning we discovered that the family next door had small children who were very active and noisy. Hector also provided a $100 resort credit and a couple drink vouchers, which we appreciated. The rest of the weekend was rather uneventful, other than having to call housekeeping to request our room be straightened up as it seemed we weren’t on anyone’s radar to have our bed’s made.

In summary, we were grateful for the help from Hector and the maintenance supervisor, who both saved our weekend, but were disappointed in our overall experience as it wasn’t as relaxing as we hoped it would be. In the future, I would suggest asking your guests about the reason for the stay an try to accommodate families in different locations from singles and couples looking to have a nice getaway.

Room Tip: 6th floor if you want quiet and a view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank levh01
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We never left . The food, Amenties and staff were by far the best vacation experience we have had . We we vacationing with our Teenager and 2 toy poodles. The views and pools were amazing . The food was so good as you had several different options on site so you never had to leave .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank angelamurray2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

It's not easy to find a waterside getaway that can deliver quality dining, water sports, activities for teens, a spa, 3 pools, poolside bars and eateries, and nature walks/runs, but the Hyatt delivered for our crew ages 14 to 85 plus our beloved cockapoo. Attentive staff throughout. Waterside golf course. Close to quaint downtown Cambridge. Our only complaint, which staff noted, was that while grandma's ADA room had plenty of grab bars and a walk-in shower, the front door was so heavy she had trouble exiting, and we would think anyone else with modest arthritis or using a wheelchair would have trouble, too. Otherwise, fantastic spot for a family getaway for all ages.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy D
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Had a wonderful staycation here. The rooms were renovated and there are so many options for activities. Kayak, paddle board, boats, 3 pools, bar, mini golf... plus its 10 minutes from Downtown Cambridge with lots of charming restaurants. Go to Poplar Bistro!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank jennifersays
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We recently stayed here for a wedding. The resort is massive and just 2 people were working the front desk for check in on a Saturday. I thought it would take forever, but we were given our key and on our way quickly. Our room was on the first floor with a nice little sitting area outside. We were only a few steps from the Water’s Edge Grill and the lobby bar. Our room was huge and on a diagonal.

The wedding was beautiful, and the staff did a great job at the cocktail hour serving hors devours and refreshments. The food at the reception was fantastic. I think this is a lovely resort for a wedding. It had everything.

I don’t know that I would come back to this hotel to stay on my own. The hotel is very nice, but the price is just too high. $335 for just one night and that was with the wedding discount rate.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family