“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Black Water

Black Water
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Cambridge
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great place for breakfast as it has a lively vibe and is conveniently located on main street. With parking next door and great coffee, you can't miss. Make sure that you are not in a hurry as this place seems to be popular, so there could be a little bit of a wait. We both had crab omelettes with an apple strudel and coffee, delicious!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We just got Americanos and coffee cake to go but it was delicious, the staff very friendly, and it seemed to be a very pleasant place to spend time.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Stopped by for Breakfast. Our waiter Gary, not only took our order but gave us a great rundown on coffee and the various ways to prepare the different drinks.

We had recently bought an espresso machine from home and this was just the information we were looking to receive.

Between the food, the coffee, and the service, this will be our regular breakfast stop whenever we are in Cambridge.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Every tantalizing baked good you've ever fantasized about. The display case only is worth five stars! The brunch was AMAZING! I had the Spanish scramble--to die for. Lovely wife had brioche. Coffee was solid, flavorful, fresh and delish. Service can be slow, but you're for the ambience which is to die for. I whiled away a Saturday in the sun and haze of my coffee steam. If I had to live in MD, it would be in Cambridge just so I could eat at Black Water.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We met my friend there for breakfast. She was there first and already had her coffee and there was only one other table besides us. We waited a good 5 minutes before we were acknowledged and offered something to drink. I got coffee, which was $3 for a very small cup, and a water. Both of which I finished completely and was never offered a refill. My friends food was not ready when ours was so the waitress let us know that she was waiting on my friends food to get finished. We told her to go ahead and bring out what was ready thinking that it wouldn’t be that long before my friends food was ready....we were almost finished eating by the time she got her food. I’m fine with getting this type of service at a breakfast restaurant when the price on the menu reflects it, however it’s a bit pricey to receive the mediocre service that’s provided here. The food was good, but at a cost of $25 plus tip (which I always tip 20% no matter what because I’ve worked in this industry) for pancakes, a breakfast sandwich and 1 coffee, I will go somewhere else next time where the service matches the cost of the food.