All reviewsgiant supermarketcapital beltwaythe ground floorbreakfast staffeasy accessair conditionerwashington dcpharmacy
Reviewed 27 June 2018

When we arrived they had overbooked the hotel. The room I had confirmed was not available so 3 adult women had to share a very small king room with a roll away. After moving furniture into the hall we were settled. We are pretty forgiving and i was told by the on staff manager Teara that I would be compensated by getting extra points as I am a choice member. 3 weeks later I have yet to see these extra points for the total inconvenience of having to squeeze into a room and then being moved twice the next day. I thought the offer was nice and was the least they could do but now I see it for what it is... The public areas have been updated but the rooms are musty (esp the 1st floor) and dated. I will not be staying at this hotel again as I travel to the DC area quite often. Funny how I never received an email about reviewing my stay, or a how did we do? This seem to be standard practice in the industry. Guess they just really don't care!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Sarah L, Manager at Comfort Inn College Park North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Barb; Thank you for reaching out to us and expressing your concerns from your recent stay.

Guest satisfaction is very important to us and always welcomed as it allows us to see where we are doing well, and where improvements are needed. Please accept our sincere apologies for the room type not being available upon arrival, every effort is made to ensure that our guest needs and requests are met and at times our inventory changes with unplanned stay overs. We appreciate your willingness to accept the different room and apologize as well to your travel companions for any inconvenience this may have caused. The brand has recently changed to their survey process and it can take a few weeks to receive that. I will also be happy to follow up with the property about those expected points and request again they be processed as promised. In the end, I see we missed several opportunities to provide an exceptional stay, one we know we can provide, and I will be sure to have the property follow up on your review. Thank you again for being our guest and the honest feedback. We do hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations if you will allow us that chance.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Stayed one night.Lobby looked great and recently redone. Room had a broken bathroom door, broken faucet, no hot water and loud air handler - which turned out to be a plus. It mostly drowned out the loud disco from the event space next door.

In the morning we found moldy fruit for breakfast, which we 'enjoyed' overlooking the green water in the pool and marveling at the 5 workers who, in the time we ate breakfast, managed only to get a drop cloth in place and open a bucket of paint.

Better hope you get a good rate - it is not up to the norm you would expect from Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Try the 2nd floor - away from the event space next door
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Sarah L, Manager at Comfort Inn College Park North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Bob; Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay while in town. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and would like to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations or our own better.

Providing a clean, comfortable and friendly environment for all guests is something we take great pride in every day. I understand that this was not the case during your stay and we regret your dissatisfaction. In an effort to approve upon our services, I have shared your feedback with the Manager to review further and make note of the room and breakfast changes that need immediate attention.

Thank you again for your business and honest feedback. We do hope you allow another opportunity for us to exceed your expectations as we know we can.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I would not ever book a room here if you have a voice in the matter. The hotel horrendous. They ignore every request. Never respond. They only care about money and not the customer. Lousy service. I will never book here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Sarah L, Manager at Comfort Inn College Park North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Janet; Customer service is very important to us and remains a top priority every day.

We regret to hear about your disappointment with your stay and you felt that our team did not address your concerns in a timely or professional manner. The hotel has many areas that are newly updated and we do work hard to maintain a fresh and clean environment. We also attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s room type requests to the best of our ability however at times, situations arise beyond our control that affect our inventory such as unexpected stay overs, maintenance issues.

I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this will be addressed with the team to review what we can do differently moving forward.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Given the proximity of the location of this hotel to the venue where we are having an event, we reserved a block of rooms for June. I am astounded by the total lack of professionalism exhibited by their staff especially the front desk manager Stephanie. I have had a few exchanges with her and she lacks basic customer service skills. I really wish it was just me having these issues but I have had other guests complain about the lack of professionalism and lack of customer service when they have attempted to book under our room block. I just tried to ask a few questions about my reservation and the conversation didn't even get to the point where she asked for my name or confirmation number - her attitude was too much for me to continue with so I ended the call. I was hoping that the experience of dealing with the property would be a good one but it has been way too many occasions to show that it will not end up being positive in the end. I have never had to write a negative review on a hotel and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to update my review to be more positive after my guests and myself complete our weekend staying there.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Sarah L, Manager at Comfort Inn College Park North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Jamerican71; Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to host some out of town guests for your event coming up. I am truly sorry to hear that we have not been meeting your expectations and providing our most friendly and courteous service when you call us. Customer service is our main priority and we are sorry to hear that you feel we are not being friendly and taking more time to assist you and your guests when they call. Bringing this to our attention allows us to correct any deficiencies we have in our service as we remain fully committed to providing exemplary service to all our valued guests. We will address this with the team with additional training and assure that our valued guests, such as yourself, have a great experience. Thank you for your time. We do hope you come back and let us know that everything was resolved to your satisfaction and you as well as your guests had a better experience.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

For the price and the area the hotel is ok. It is clean. Nothing fancy. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is pretty good for a contential breakfast. Beds are ok, not rock hard. If you are in the area for work or something like that and need a place I would recommend. Not a place I would use for a family vacation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Sarah L, Manager at Comfort Inn College Park North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Christina; Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking the time to share your recent trip with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we are pleased to hear that the clean and comfortable rooms, service, value and good breakfast made for an enjoyable experience. We are fortunate to host a diverse mix of guests including families and do all we can to ensure that all guests feel welcomed. Thank you again for your valued feedback feedback and recommendation to others. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in town.