“Hidden gem!”

Stone Sparrow Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Veazie
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Cute adorable inviting and cozy!
Real home cooked food like your mother would make. Tasty coffee!The eggs Benedict was excellent! Didn’t try any of the desserts but they looked scrumptious.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

If you like breakfast foods, you'll love this place. I went here with my family, all breakfast lovers sans me, and they loved it. But I was left disappointed. Their own signage proclaims them a breakfast and lunch place, but their menu only has two lunch dishes and a daily special. Perhaps I'm too picky, but it feels like the lunch items were an afterthought in their breakfast's shadow. There's literally like twenty breakfast foods. Plus there was no free refills on soda. I mean, fair enough, but refills are the industry standard at this point and it's kinda jarring having to pay for another glass.

On to the positive. The staff were all friendly, funny, welcoming; everything you'd want in a restaurant's staff. I wish more places had employees like these.

On a final, more subjective note, the place is tiny. Awkwardly so. When we walked in, the owner, who was also our waiter, was sitting in the eating area. In total there were seven tables. The whole place was about the size of a trailer. Personally I thought it was kind of quaint, if a little off putting. The exterior was aesthetically pleasing though.

To wrap it up, good food, friendly staff, but a small space, no free refills on soda, and very few lunch options. I'd recommend this to anyone who loves breakfast.

Cathy C, Owner at Stone Sparrow Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you for coming in, I appreciate your thoughts. I only want to let you and others know that we do have a full lunch menu. Lunch is available 11am - 2pm. We have homemade soups, sandwiches, salads and pasta dishes. The 3 items you're referring to were probably on our specials board which change every day or two. Really glad you enjoyed our staff---they work very hard! Hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Love this quaint little place and the excellent offerings of Soups and Sandwiches. Nicely presented and Owner/Chef is on site to meet your needs and whims.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Came here on a Saturday morning for a bite to eat before heading to Bar Harbor. We had a couple of the egg dishes which were good. Service was friendly and attentive. Coffee was good, too. Pastries were enticing but we decided to be good and pass. Would certainly go back.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

A friend and I had breakfast here and the food was delicious - and there was plenty of it. The decor is friendly - as is the staff. We were most impressed overall and will visit there again.