“Relaxing getaway by the water”
other traveller has booked this property
Living room looking toward kitchen & bathroom Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
SE View across the lawn from the deck
Living room looking toward kitchen & bathroom
Kitchen
Lobsterboat taken from the lawn
View to the west over the bay from the deck
Summer sunset overlooking neighbor's dock
Our shorefrontage taken from neighbor's dock
Early morning moon setting in July
View from the hammock on the deck
Entrance to cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mt-woman...
Chatsworth, Georgia
“Relaxing getaway by the water”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My sister and I took a road trip to Maine this July and spent a delightful week on the quiet side of Mt. Desert at Cedarledge Cottage. This was the first time staying at the cottage and I look forward to returning soon. Its location near Bass Harbor makes it convenient for ferries and tours to other islands as well as being close to the good restaurants and galleries of Southwest Harbor. It is also easy to drive to hiking, biking and kayaking places on all of Mt. Desert. The cottage had everything to make our stay comfortable and after introducing us to the property, we did not really see our hosts Kathy and Jay. It is obvious they take good care of the grounds as well as the cottages. Major memories are: lingering morning coffee on the deck looking out to the Bay, loons calling at night, lobster boats checking traps in the morning. This is the perfect place to relax on quiet days and to come back to from all the adventures the island provides.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
16 Aug 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have wonderful memories of your vacation. I love living here on the "quiet side". When I leave the island, I always feel that I leave a little bit of my heart behind. It sounds like you feel the same way. Come back soon. You are always welcome to stay with us.
Susan J
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 11 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

This was our second time at Cedarledge - we absolutely love it! It's a lovely, comfortable cottage with everything we needed to make our stay perfect. Mornings with coffee and a book out on that deck looking at the view of Duck Cove are memories I treasure (and pull out during gloomy winter days). We love the whole area of the "quiet side" - easy access to tranquil hikes and walks along the shore, Thurston's Lobster Pound, the lovely little town of Southwest Harbor, and so many wonderful Acadia hikes. There's little traffic on this part of the island, and we find no need to ever venture into the more crowded and touristy Bar Harbor. A rare rainy day in the cottage was cozy and lovely. Highly recommended!!!

Management Response
12 Aug 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always like to hear that our returning tenants had a wonderful, quiet vacation with us. Yes, sitting on the deck any time of day really is the perfect way to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet here at Seaside Cottages. You are always welcome to stay with us.
MN
Reviewed 31 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
New York
Reviewed 27 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing