“Hyewood House was AWESOME!”
The Pond On Our Property
Strawberries From Our Vegetable Garden
Sunflower From Our Vegetable Garden
Detail
Bluehouse Deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Padraic28
Pembroke, Massachusetts
“Hyewood House was AWESOME!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Our family had the pleasure of staying at the Hyewood house in August. We found it to be great! More than enough space, very clean and Marc and Victoria were a pleasure to deal with. Checking in and check out was a breeze. Marc is a wealth of knowledge as far as things to do. Leverage him for sure! We made dinner almost every night. The only thing I would say, is that they are almost overstocked with what you need. A few less items would be great, especially since you can get most, if not anything you need from the main compound. All in all, we really enjoyed our place and it was awesome!

We really enjoyed Southwest Harbor area. If you have kids that enjoy playgrounds, the one behind the town hall is great. The coffee shop on the edge of town, Milagro I think it's called makes great coffee. I had a vanilla ice latte and my wife had the ice chai. Really tasty. Further, the liquor store behind that coffee shop is nothing short of Beer-vana! If you are into craft brews, this is the place for you! I found things that I have on my wishlist. Aside from that, if you can, do the Dive-in theatre with Diver Dan, Reel Pizza (saw Planes) and go enjoy Bass Head light, do a hike (if you have small kids) @ Wonderland! Bar Harbor was about a 20-30 minute drive, but, that's ok. It was nice to be able to escape back to the Hyewood house, while enjoying the scenic views along the way. I would say, skip the Jordan house for anything but the Popovers. The shore hike was nice though. I think that area needs a true pizza place. We did not find one that was, up to my standards. Definitely skip Rosalita's for pizza. Not worth it! Hyewood house was a great, quiet location and if you are looking to not be in the hustle and bustle that Bar Harbor and some of the other towns may offer as well as be really close to Acadia, then I urge you to book this spot!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and peace and quiet
Liked least: Too much kitchen stuff!
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
PA
Reviewed 1 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers

Rugged travelers
VT
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing