All reviews front desk shuttle service crackers rizwan marfani room was clean maine mall outdoor pool yogurt the breakfast area free breakfast pleasant stay the general manager free shuttle off the highway convenient location stayed here for one night old port
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I stay in Hotels on average 3+times a week. Since I'm a Marriott Elite level member I tend to frequent Fairfield Inns a lot. In all my years, this is the best ever. Fresh baked cookies at the front desk (other chains do this but not Marriotts), visited in the late afternoon by a cart with drinks, sweets and personal need products so I didn't have to go out that night to buy deodorant Even chopped rather that whole walnuts on the breakfast bar!! It was wonderful!! Het Fairfield Inn, copy this everywhere!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Rizwan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

I'm delighted to hear that you found our Fairfield Inn to be the 'best ever'! Our team prides themselves on providing Excellent service to our guests. I'm glad that you were able to experience their passion for service! I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I arrived at the Fairfield Inn Portland Main Mall on March 9th and checked on on the 12th. The Staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating. I have a Gluten Free Diet and Diane (the chef) was very helpful and made sure my needs were met. Each morning I was greeted with a smile and light conversation with all the staff. My business partner quickly became addicted to their homemade cookies that awaited him each evening upon our return from training. They even offered a complementary meal from 5pm-7pm. It was very nice of them. During my stay we were hit with a major snow storm (North Eastern) and the staff provided games and refreshments for all the guest and their families. I really enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere and friendly attitudes. I highly recommend this location to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Rizwan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall. Our team is focused on making sure the guests are comfortable and cared for during their stay with us. Glad to see that Diane took care of your gluten free needs and in the midst of a nor'easter you found comfort at our hotel.

I look forward to sharing your comments in our morning meeting and celebrating the teams successes. Each individual team member is focused on providing excellent service and sets us apart from our competition.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed the night of March 19. The fitted sheet and mattress pad were too small for the bed. It came undone about 10 times during the night. Each time I rolled over the mattress pad and sheet rolled with me. Late at night a terrible stench filled the room...coming up out of the bathroom sink and tub
..had to stuff them with towels. Called management...said we were the only ones complaining. The chair hassoc had the grossest stains and white stuff on it. That place has gone downhill terribly. Must be new management that just doest care. The park and ride...sends a broken down cab for you....never again!!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Rizwan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Thank you for your candid comments. I am sincerely sorry that you had issues with the bedding and the odor with the plumbing. I will have our maintenance department look into the matter immediately. Our staff strives to provide excellent service to our guests and in this instance we clearly failed. Feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance.

rizwan.marfani@marriott.com

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Close-by Maine Medical. Clean, GREAT breakfast by Diane,snacks to your door at night, Great GM (Rizwan Marfani), desk help outstanding and Susan of house cleaners great job. All employees very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors quiet
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Rizwan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Thank you for kind words about your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall. I'll be sure to recognize our associates that you mentioned and share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you back for a more relaxing visit next time.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located to Portland ME.

They serve breakfast every morning which was good. The hotel had a shuttle that we took into downtown Portland for the evening.

The room was nice and the carpet was recently cleaned. They were cleaning all the carpets the weekend we were there. The bathroom was kind of small but other than that I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

Stayed: January 2017
Rizwan M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall. I hope that we have the pleasure of serving you again when you're in the Portland area.