“Just Plain Good!”

Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Claws specializes in offering the highest quality fresh local seafood, prepared with vintage Maine recipes, all at reasonable prices. Enjoy panoramic views of Rockland Harbor as you dine on our beautiful deck at picnic tables with bright umbrellas. We also can pack all of our menu items for take-out. Call in your order in advance or simply order in person. Serving beer and wine and featuring several local labels. New for 2015 - now serving fried seafood! Try our amazing "Boats" filled with fried clams, scallops, haddock or shrimp along with our home made French fries and coleslaw. Lobster dinners, lobster mac 'n cheese, steamers, crab cakes, lobster bisque, Angus burgers, chicken sandwiches - everything is made with care and from scratch.
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Caught them, again, just before they close for the season on the last Sunday of Sept. This is the only place my wife will eat fried, whole belly clams. I am not sure what seasonings are in the batter but it is unlike most that you will find. The clams are uniformly small and tender. Really, really good. In addition to snacking on my clams, my wife had a lobster roll with butter. It was full of lobster and a good buy at $20. I am happy to get here before closing, even if it is just once a yea, again on Saturday, the day before they closed for the season. The Sampler brought a crab cake, good and spicy and bowls of clam and lobster bisque x 2 because they were out of seafood chowder. Again, they use a bit of a different spice blend, but everything was so good. We will be back next year.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

We had heard about Claws Mac n cheese, so we went early for lunch. You will not need any dinner the serving is so huge. Husband had the lobster Mac n cheese and I tried the Crab Mac n cheese. It came with 2 sides. The corn on cob was stone cold. The clam chowder was good. While we were eating, the manager was walking down the isle asking patrons how they liked their lunch. I quietly told him that my corn was cold/mushy. He offered to bring some more. I told him, "No, thank you as I can't possibly even finish this massive amount of delicious Mac n cheese". About 3 minutes later he came back and gave me a serving of "his grandmas's or aunt's or mom's" potato salad (can't remember which). This is service. Delicious, too. We are so happy that we stopped here on our New England Road Trip.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We've been all over Maine and this is the best Lobster roll place bar none. Others are good but nothing beats their Lobster rolls, fries, and onion rings.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Someone we met on our trip recommended this place for lobster rolls. Boy, am I glad we followed their advice. They were scrumptious. Loaded with pure lobster. Parking is tough to find but worth the trouble. Nothing fancy but great lobster.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Great food, fun atmosphere, nothing fancy. You have to wait a bit when it’s busy but it’s busy for a reason.....great food.