All reviews room was clean old port front desk staff pool and hot tub maine medical center close to the airport short drive omelet convenient location shuttle service coffee maker free shuttle cookies downtown amtrak proximity waterfront
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Title says it all. Two night stay under $180 on a weekend. The room itself was clean and the beds were comfortable. No issues with hot water. Walls were thin, but we didn't have any bad neighbors. We chose to use the hot tub and indoor pool and were happy they were both well maintained and no one else was there! Also super close drive to downtown and ports. Even more convenient is the 24 hour has station mini mart DIRECTLY in front of hotel. Super convenient for drinks and snacks. Although it could use minor updates, and probably a new elevator, I'd totally stay again just for the value.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank Hairbear19
Michael P, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the experience. We take pride in the indoor pool facility and I'm glad that you found it to be clean and well maintained. Our engineering team works very hard to keep it in tip top shape! Please stay with us again should your travels bring you to the Portland area.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

The property has plumbing problems with regards to having to wait 10-20 minutes for hot water in both the shower and the sink. The pillows are not full sized standard pillows; they are 3/4. There is only one elevator that must be at least 30 years old as it is very slow. There is a stench of cigarettes in the hallways because the smokers they attract smoke in the hallways because they know they will be fined by the hotel for smoking in the rooms. This is a real low-class establishment. Motel 6 at least doesn't have those problems.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Hello Elyse,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Clarion Hotel Airport. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. We had a brand new HW boiler system installed in June 2016 so I am not sure why you experienced a lack of hot water. I have shared your feedback with our Chief Engineer for follow-up. I wanted to clear a few things up. We purchase our pillows from a well known national hotel supplier and I can assure you they are full size pillows. We do have a second elevator at the rear of the building with signage at the front elevator indicating it's location. I'm sorry that you were not informed of this. We are a smoke-free hotel and we do our very best to handle smoking issues as soon as we are aware of them. I feel badly you have the impression that people smoke in the hallways as that is simply not the case. I do hope you will give us another opportunity when your travels return you to the Portland area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

$75 bucks. I expected to be holding vigil all night defending my wife from critters and vermin. I can't remember the last time I paid only $75 for a room. Guess what?! It's a nice place. Big clean room, quiet, king bed (mattress, well...) and very nice staff. For another $10 there's breakfast at "Pete and Larry's " off the lobby. The hotel is right off I-295.

I'd stay here again. It's a good deal all the way around.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank William Reese S

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel to be a good value. The staff works very hard to ensure that all guests receive the ultimate in service and I have shared your comments with them. I hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you to the Portland area.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

I started to stay here last year and I love it for its value and proximity to the old port. Yes I would rather stay in the old port but if you're on a budget...you can't. I stayed last week and was all in for $98.00 where other hotels would have been all in for $200.00. Rather enjoy great meals with the extra cash and it's a 8 min uber ride in for 6 bucks. It's not fancy but it's a nice stay.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Hello Larry,

I hope this response finds you well. Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience. I hope that you will stay with us again whenever your travels return you to the Portland area.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable. I had plenty of hot water and the room service was very quick. 4 stars because the food was only ok, bit everything else was spot on. I stayed there due to the proximity to the bus station, but I would stay again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jenifer D

Hello Jennifer,

I hope this response finds you well. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience during your recent visit. I hope that you will stay with us again whenever your travels return you to the Portland area.

Best regards,