“Good gluten free!”
Review of Union

Union
Reserve with OpenTable
Union is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 628 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Description: At UNION we believe that being supplied by the best local farms allows you to enjoy ingredients at their peak of flavor. We partner with farms and producers across New England to ensure that when you dine with us you are truly getting a taste of the region's finest ingredients. Enjoy the bounty of what our oceans, streams, and local purveyors have produced as we commit to using sustainable Maine Products whenever possible.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I went with my boyfriend but I am gluten free and they had great options for me including gluten free bread for the charcuterie tray. They were very accommodating with telling me what on the menu I could and could not have. Great cocktails as well.

Good afternoon Jacyln,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at UNION! We are so pleased to hear that you were able to try some of our gluten free options, and will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with our culinary and service team. We hope to have the opportunity to have you back into UNION in the very near future! Many thanks.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Upon learning that my wife and I were celebrating our 40'th wedding anniversary,the entire staff took it upon themselves to ensure that our evening was most special,and they succeeded! .We began with drinks in the hotel's "Inkwell Bar".I enjoyed Portland's best "Manhattan" expertly prepared by our charming bartender,and my wife had a fine glass of chardonnay.The "Inkwell" is a comfortable and relaxed modern setting tucked into the far corner of the hotel's first floor.More intimate than the bar located in the restaurant.We loved it!.After being notified that our table was ready we proceeded to the Union restaurant where we were greeted by "happy anniversary" from all staff members that we encountered.Some how word had spread throughout the hotel that we were celebrating a special day,and th staff appeared genuinely happy that we had chose to spend it with them.From beginning to end our dinners exceeded all our expectations.My wife chose the cod and I chose the pot roast..Presentation was superb,portions were more than ample, and the flavors exquisite! Continuing the excellent service,our waiter was knowledgeable,friendly,and attentive.
Upon receiving the bill ,we learned that our wonderful lemon pound cake dessert and drinks had been provided complimentary !Certainly above and beyond anything we ever expected.Anyone celebrating a special occasion, will not be disappointed by choosing Union restaurant!

Good afternoon Aunnie,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience here at UNION, and for thinking of us to celebrate your special occasion! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed craft cocktails from Inkwell, and tried some of signature dishes for dinner in UNION. We will be sure to share your kind feedback with our culinary and service team, and look forward to having you back in very soon. Many thanks, and take care.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We were looking for a Portland restaurant that would be a treat for our 15 year old grandson's birthday and chose Union. It is not an extensive menu, but each item is interesting. The setting is very clean looking and modern. Most impressive is that the kitchen is totally on view, so we could get to watch the chef and assistants prepare our meal. In fact, it when I saw them carve the boneless pork chops in front of me, that we decided to order that. It was a special for the evening, and it was very special. Our grandson also ordered the Maple dessert, which was also very complex, and wonderful. It was fairly expensive for what it was, but we were very happy with what we ordered, and how the food was prepared.

Good afternoon Irwin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at UNION, and for joining us here for dinner. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our open kitchen, and will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with our culinary and service team. We hope to have the opportunity to have you back into UNION in the very near future! Many thanks.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Love this place. Very refined and elegantly casual. The avocado toast was fabulous, but I wanted so many other items on the menu. Staff is super, just like the Press Hotel where it is located. Clean, fresh, and beautiful inside.

Union_Manager, Manager at Union, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at UNION, and for joining us here for breakfast. We will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with our culinary and service team, and hope to have the opportunity to have you back in for lunch and dinner in the very near future! Many thanks.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

The chef is an award winner and I can see why. The breakfasts were hearty and wonderfully plated. The dinners were the the best and very creative. Try the pot roast .......