“Sooo Gooood”

Ranked #21 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Duckfat is a small sandwich shop that has it all: classic Belgian fries made with local Maine potatoes fried in duck fat, panini, soups, salads, charcuterie, sodas and milkshakes all made in house. Add a killer beer and wine list and you have Duckfat, a fun and unique dining destination in Portland, Maine.
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Went here with three of our kids while on vaca. My 12 year old, upon sampling their fries exclaimed “these are the best fries I’ve ever had!” And I would say I agree with him. Had the poutine, the chop salad, the brisket panini and the turkey panini-all were amazing. The wait staff are friendly and attentive. We sat outside, and only waited about 15 minutes for a table. Will definitely go back when we’re in the neighborhood again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 987)

139 - 143 of 1 987 reviews

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Just finished a delicious late lunch at Duckfat, which was recommended by a local. I’m so glad we stuck out the 45-minute wait - it was completely worth it. We two of us shared a small order of fries with horseradish mayo; husband had the capers panini with bacon, I had the Cubans (with smoked pork!). Next time we will for sure try one of the milkshakes; they looked delicious!

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch when visiting via Celebrity Cruise Ship with my husband. Had to wait 30 minutes, but so worth it! We said we would take first available and got outside in the “scortcha” sun But was probably better than sitting inside. Plus we moved to shade when available. Fabulous waitress, great food. Duck fat confit poutine was excellent and very filling. Glad we didn’t order a panini too but they looked great! Milkshake was great too! Will definitely return when in Portland!

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We went for a mid week lunch in June and were surprised to see it full to the brim. The staff put us on the list and gave us a buzzer which worked in a 1-2 block radius. The buzzer went off 15 minutes later and asked for a seat outside. We started by sharing a green salad which was fresh, well dressed & big enough to share as a starter. We then ordered two paninis: one pork cubano and one duck confit. Both were excellent and served promptly. The paninis were not small but would not have been enough by themselves so we shared a small portion of 'fries' which were fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside as they should be. The dipping sauces were good but the pots relatively small and additional pots cost. All in all, a lovely lunch. Whilst there was nothing which I could criticise, I did feel as though it is potentially at risk of being over-hyped.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

There's a reason why this place is so highly rated and remains highly rated. The food is absolutely delicious. Our waiter summarized it as "gourmet junk food" and I'd definitely agree. The poutine with duck meat was just as good, if not better, than I remembered it 2 years ago, the pressed sandwiches are solid and delicious balanced with slaws and other toppings, and the seasonal rhubarb soda was fruity and not too sweet. Basically, it's hard to be disappointed at this place. We also lucked out with a 15 min wait on a Saturday night ~5 pm, so that just made our visit even better.