“Delish Donuts - even late afternoon”
Review of The Holy Donut

The Holy Donut
Ranked #4 of 29 Bakeries in Portland
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Donut was delicious! I was skeptical because we stopped in so late in the day that you never know how "stale" the product may be. BUT wow was I impressed. I wish I'd had bought more and a cute little tee-shirt. Guess this means I'll have to come back. Plus - it's right next to the Thirsty Pig so we grabbed a donut then headed next door for a beer to wash it down.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

After hearing raves about The Holy Donut, I had to try one. I was lucky enough to snag one of the last two dark chocolate sea salt doughnuts, and the raves are justified! They prove that doughnuts don't have to be heavy or greasy. Made with Maine potatoes, the doughnuts are tender and almost fluffy, with fantastic flavor and not a hint of grease. The only drawback is the price: $2.50 for a single or $24 for a dozen.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

the donuts are very heavy and always leave me feeling nauseous. the donuts themselves are bland but they have cloyingly sweet icings on them. even dunkin is better

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped at the Holy Donut on a Sunday morning during our vacation in Portland. The shop was busy, but the line moved quickly. The donuts (made from Maine potatoes) come in a variety of fun and unique flavors and were moist and delicious. We would particularly recommend the maple bacon donut. We would definitely recommend the Holy Donut!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stopped by around 330pm and they only had ONE gluten free donut left. So sad! I would have liked to try more! I ate it and it was delicious! I am not planning on returning to Portland any time soon but I really wish they delivered! I want more!