“well stocked store. Excellent breakfast and good service.”

Port Clyde General Store
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Port Clyde
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate breakfast here before our boat tour. All six of us orered something different, and all of it was very tasty.

LBMKTT, Owner at Port Clyde General Store, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I want to thank you for taking the time to write in today to share your experience with us! Getting feedback is vital to ensure we are giving every one of our guests the very best experience when they make the choice to shop with us. One way or another it helps us grow, and maintain the level of consistency you deserve! Again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to your return visits!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was surprised at the variety of goods they had there. Even Ritter chocolate bars from Germany (my favorite), though the price was way too much. They have a counter where they serve food and I had breakfast there and it was very good. I had an omelette. They have a nice selection of donuts and pastries when you walk in the front door. The creme horns were delicious, the creme wasn't that sickening sweet stuff you get sometimes at the grocery store bought creme horns.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ate shyly here--a good ham sandwich. But my friends assure me the chowder and lobster were excellent. Also, a fine selection of necessities, beer and wine, souvenirs. Great kids working there for the summer.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

PCGS is all over the place food-wise. Because of the considerably high turnover rate based on what appears to be employee/owner relationships, there seems to be new cook every few months. Also, it sometimes takes an hour nd half to get served--especially when the ferry is running. There are generally a few inexperienced short order cooks who just can't seem to prepare more than one meal at a time. Be prepared to become very frustrated. If there are more than a few customers at the counter--you may be in for an unreasonably long wait. Food's ok--nothing to write home about. Wonderful setting. PCGS is owned by Linda Bean.

LBMKTT, Owner at Port Clyde General Store, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write in about your experience at the Port Clyde General Store, we take all feedback seriously so it is always helpful. I'm not certain what the exact situation was during your visit but we have our primary cook Melissa who has been with us full time for years now, and a part-time cook Ashley who works the deli part time and fills in during vacations. Our feedback regarding the food and service is normally very consistent. My apologies that this wasn't the case during your time here, when trying to catch a ferry I can see where someone might be frustrated. It is my hope that in the future you will find that you get the amazing service you deserve.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We got to Port Clyde just as the rain was pelting down and we took cover in the store - not that we wouldn't have gone in anyway, but I would have had a drink at The Driftnet had the weather been decent.

Always like wandering around this store to see what's on offer - particularly the six packs of beer !!

Had a Maine Coast Rum Runner coffee instead.

LBMKTT, Owner at Port Clyde General Store, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to write in today to share your experience with us! Getting feedback is vital to ensure we are giving every one of our guests the very best experience when they make the choice to shop with us. All feedback helps us grow, and maintain the level of consistency you deserve! Again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to your return visits!