Yardarm Village Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$213
Pink Blossoms Resort (Family Suites)(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$356
Gorges Grant Hotel(Ogunquit)
US$282
Bourne Bed & Breakfast(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$271
Towne Lyne Motel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$216
Abalonia Inn(Ogunquit)
US$250
Studio East Motel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$343
Juniper Hill Inn(Ogunquit)
US$273
Travelocity
Norseman Resort(Ogunquit)
US$697
All reviewsgas fireplacethe main housegrand roomthe blue roomparfaitblueberry pancakeshome friessunshine roomquiet side streetfour poster bedmarginal waybreakfast was deliciousceiling fangranolaperkins coveprivate bathroomhot coffee
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While my wife and I liked this B@B for the size and comfort of the room (the Blue Room), for the very good breakfast and for connecting via a path to the Marginal Way, we’ll remember most the friendliness and helpfulness of the host, Brian. He offered to carry our bags up the narrow stairs to our room and at the end of our stay, he brought our bags to our car. We had trouble with our TV: he responded quickly to our phone call and got it to work. And he offered to help in other ways too.
The only negatives for us were a smallish bathroom and erratic WiFi in our room.
Should we return to Ogunquit, we would stay at the Blue Shutters again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
BlueShutters B, General Manager at The Blue Shutters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive to provide the best hospitality possible and are glad to hear that was what you experienced. We apologize for the erratic WiFi - we will definitely look into making sure there is a stronger connection. We might suggest you try another room next time - our Green Room has the largest bathroom. We hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for 2 nights as well as at another B&B for a 3rd night nearby. We preferred the Blue Shutters. The first night we stayed in the main house (green room) and loved it. The 2nd night we stayed in a cottage which we liked less (not as fancy) but was fine. The main draw is the community eating/living room. Georgeous home, fantastic breakfast choices, comfy room, and the best location - a bit removed from the mayhem of town but only a short walk to either Ogunquit or Perkins Cove. Wifi is decent in the rooms and very good in the main area. Yes, we would return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
BlueShutters B, Manager at The Blue Shutters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review! We are always grateful for our guests' feedback.Yes, the cottage room isn't as fancy as the other rooms in our main inn (it is one of our pet friendly units), but we are glad you enjoyed our Green Room so much. We also think our location is perfect! Please come back soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Wonderful weekend in Ogunquit at the Blue Shutters Inn. We were in Studio #5. On the 2nd floor of the back building. The room had TV, AC, Fridge, Oven/Stove, Micro Wave, Coffee Maker, Hair dryer & tub/shower combo. We both loved the firm mattress and queen size bed. Very comfortable room with every thing we needed!

The breakfast both mornings was delicious and filling. We skipped lunch both days. 1st day was scrambled eggs with bacon, home fries & sliced melon. 2nd day was frittata with sausage, home fries & sliced melon. Both meals started with unlimited hot coffee and a greek yogurt parfait with granola and fruit.

The Inn is just steps away from access to the Marginal Way and we really enjoyed walking on the path.

Brian, Cathy and the rest of the staff did a wonderful job!

Enjoy,

VVHT

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
BlueShutters B, Manager at The Blue Shutters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

VVHT,

Thank you for that stellar review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you'll join us again for more delicious breakfast and scenic walks!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We found this B&B through BringFido.com. The rooms they showed were not pet friendly rooms. They do have two, Cottage 1 & 2. They told us it did not have a TV and were not shown on the website but we were understanding about that. The Inn keeper was very pleasant and we went to the room to find not only did it not have a TV, which we knew, but NO AC either. It did have a ceiling fan though. The wall outlets by the bed did not work either so we had to call the front desk and they brought us an extension cord. Linens could use an update as they were tattered. I get they allow dogs in there but the people are staying there too and the bedding and dresser linens should not be torn or tattered. Especially for $160 a night in off season. Hard mattress too. Breakfast was really good, especially the Blueberry Pancakes. We were offered Coffee or Tea, Juice, Yogurt Parfait, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Blueberry Pancakes and fresh fruit cup. And if necessary you could request seconds. The menu does change Dailey as I was told.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
BlueShutters B, Manager at The Blue Shutters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Hello SuePM, and thank you for your feedback. It is essential for us as a gauge to our guest's satisfaction, and an invaluable training tool for future associates. We try and make an effort to respond to all those who leave reviews for us, and would like to take the opportunity to address some of the concerns you mentioned. To begin with as we discussed our pet friendly units do not have TVs, which we try to make clear via all our advertising outlets. There is however a television in the common area of the Inn that is available for all our guests to use. In the future I would recommend you visit our website directly at blueshuttersinn.com, instead of using apps to book your room, as the site is complete with not only pictures but full descriptions of each room. Unfortunately we cannot control how our rooms are advertised or described via third parties. In response to the lack of an air conditioner in the room we apologize if you were at any time uncomfortable. In addition to the ceiling fan we have installed a window AC unit in that room since your departure, and also would have been happy to do this for you upon request. It was a little earlier in the year than we normally do, but I understand your discomfort as it was unseasonably warm during your stay. In addition, we have scheduled an electrician for early this week to take a look at the one faulty outlet on that side of the bed that you mentioned, and replaced the bedspread to ensure future guest satisfaction. We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings as the meals we provide here are a source of pride for us as well as the condition of all our guest rooms. Finally, I am sorry if the price for our pet friendly unit seemed high to you, I would only ask that you keep in mind that number does include the one time $35 pet fee that is standard for any business allowing animals. As you were here the weekend before Memorial Day I can assure you this is not our off season, but the beginning of our busiest time. Knowing how sincerely we take your feedback and given the opportunity we do hope you come back sometime to give the Blue Shutters Inn another try. We are sure you will not be disappointed. Again, we hope this response finds you well, and thank you for your stay. Take care and have a great day!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Last year, when I turned 60, I told my adult children that I wanted nothing more than to get together, once a year (outside of holidays) to enjoy each others' company. Thus began a tradition. For my May birthday/Mother's Day get together, we chose Ogunquit and The Blue Shutters Inn this year. My husband and I stayed in the Grand Room, my son and his wife and dog stayed in the Cottage Room and my daughter and her boyfriend with his daughter stayed in Studio 4. The inn was quaint and comfortable. The Grand Room included a gas fireplace and a separate entrance. The innkeepers Brian and Meara couldn't do enough for us. They were extremely attentive to all of our needs. I let Meara know ahead of time that I was vegan and she asked me for breakfast recommendations. I sent her a recipe for tofu scramble, but I have to say her vegan blueberry pancakes on our first morning were exceptional as was the dairy free fruit parfait. The second morning she made the tofu scramble and the plate looked like something out of a magazine (see photo) The breakfasts my family enjoyed were wonderful and nobody left hungry. Meara's blueberry coffee cake and chocolate chip cookies were also a treat for my family. The inn is just steps away from the Marginal Way and we took a nice walk and shopping trip to Perkins Cove. The inn also has outdoor seating and we all sat out each evening around the gas fire pit.

Room Tip: The Grand Room was very spacious and just steps away from the snack/coffee area and breakfast room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
BlueShutters B, Manager at The Blue Shutters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Robin,
Thank you so much for your amazing review! We loved having you and your family here and are so glad you felt at home in our little inn. Thank you again for the scramble recipe, and I'm glad the pancakes were yummy, too:). We hope you'll come back and stay with us again!

Meara