“Don’t be fooled by the exterior!”
Review of Lobster Shack

Lobster Shack
Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Enjoy lobster, steamers, lobster rolls, chowder and a whole lot more in a friendly, casual atmosphere. Live lobsters caught by local lobstermen wait in tanks filled with ocean water coming straight from the cove. Choose your size and two sides. For all the taste without the work, have a lobster roll any way you like it...a quarter pound single, double-stuffed, triple, or an entire pound on a buttery toasted roll with or without mayo. The lobster wrap and lobster BLT are also recently added favorites. Homemade chowder made from an old family recipe is a great way to start your meal, there's no thickening flour just the perfect combination of clams, fish, potatoes, onions and spices in a milk and cream base.The "Shack" has been owned and operated by the Evans family since the 1980s and is proud to serve the hottest chowder and the coldest beer in town. Let Jason, his family and his crew provide you with a true Maine eating experience in the oldest restaurant in Perkins Cove...
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place is on our “repeat” list and I’m writing almost the same review I wrote 2 years ago ........because it’s still true and I want to remind myself next time we’re here! My husband had the “double” lobster roll — he was once again tempted to get a whole lobster — decided to get the “roll” and was thrilled that he did. He says it’s the best he’s ever had.

I had the fish sandwich (not fried) and oh my goodness was it delicious! Thick delicious fish on a bun with lettuce and tomato (tartar sauce available but really not even needed). I also had the chowder which was good and they also have lobster stew which looked interesting.

Both our meals came with Cole slaw, pickle and potato chips.

You place your order, sit at a picnic table where they bring you your drinks and then your dinner. Nothing fancy — just great food!

1  Thank Christine T

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My husband and I walked to Perkins Cove and decided to eat at this place. The service was friendly. You order yourself, when it is ready its quickly brought over to your table. Atmosphere gives you the experience expected eating in a cove.

1  Thank Summerfun49
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I ordered the "double" lobster roll with butter instead of mayo, and boy was I impressed. In the past I have not much enjoyed lobster rolls as they tend to have very little meat and too much mayo, and this lobster roll was amazing on both counts. My wife ordered the regular sized lobster roll with mayo and thought it was excellent, too.

Situated in the heart of Perkins Cove, the restaurant is understandably expensive despite its bare bones décor, but you're getting truly phenomenal food here.

1  Thank NYTravelerBD
Reviewed 24 June 2018

If you are looking for great food and casual atmosphere definitely stop by the Lobster Shack. The fish tacos were amazing, the perfect amount of seasoning to bring out the taste of the fish. My husband had the lobster dinner and it was great!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Had the scallop plate. Very good quality scallops. Fries were good. Wish there were some alternative side orders like mashed or baked potatoes or rice pilaf.

Been to Lobster Shack? Share your experiences!