“Relaxing late morning sail!”

Silverlining Sailing
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Ogunquit
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything was pure enjoyment from start to finish on this two-hour sail from Perkins Cove all around the Ogunquit area. We were in excellent hands with Captain Jack and crewman Kyle, who made sailing look much easier than we know it to be! Jack's 42' sloop is just gorgeous and when her sails are unfurled she is a true beauty. Jack and Kyle were great company, telling us about the history of the boat herself, the coast of Maine and its environs, and sharing stories. Being on the water was invigorating and seeing the shore from out at sea was delightful. What a great experience!

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"mate"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Captain Jack is the best knows exactly what he's doing. Jack knows everything there is to know about the coast of Maine and sailing highly recommend going for a cruise with him

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great way to spend a couple of hours. The ship and crew were super and the sail was a complete joy in spectacular though a bit chilly weather. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I took my wife on a sunset sailing cruise with Silverlining for a birthday gift. We arrived at the designated time and boarded the vessel on time. Captain Jack was pleasant but didn't really interact with us much. He spent most of the trip talking with our sailing mates about Florida and how awful it is, and also deterred them from moving to Maine. While the conversation wasn't pleasant, the cruise was gorgeous and relaxing. It isn't something we plan to do again soon, but is probably great for tourists to the area.

PS - Maine IS a wonderful place to live, even if your tour guides won't tell you that!

Jack G, Owner at Silverlining Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Kayla for taking the time to review our service. Clearly my interactions with our other customers affected your experience, please accept my apology for this transgression. It is never my intention to negatively affect our guests experience, honestly I don’t remember the conversation but you do and that should not be your lasting impression of your time on the Silverlining. Sometimes I talk too much. I’ll try to remember your impressions and consider all my guests in the future. Maine is a wonderful place to live and I can’t believe that anything to the contrary came from me. Again, my apologies, Jack Gordon

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've gone sailing on the Silverlining numerous times over the past ten years and this is one experience that never fails to disappoint! There are two sailboats out of Perkins Cover and I've sailed them both. Hands down, the Silverlining is the best! The afternoons usually have the best winds in the summer, but the sunset cruise is just beautiful! We've often seen porpoises and seals. Well worth the money...and one of the best ways to get on the water in southern Maine.