“Bread curious”

When Pigs Fly Company Store
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Kittery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: When Pigs Fly is an all natural bread bakery featuring over 25 flavors of breads baked fresh each day. We also bake Bavarian pretzels, a variety of cookies and we are making fresh donuts on weekends. We sell olive oils, Vinegars , jams , artisanal butter and other items that accompany bread. Come in and check out our sampling table where you can sample all of our breads
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came here with my mom because we were curious about the bread. Bought the bread in nh at the grocery before but nothing like what the actual pigs fly store offers. We enjoyed samples of blueberry raspberry lemonade bread and spinach onion herb bread. Too hard to decide which one to buy so bought them both. The most interesting and original breads I have seen. Will definitely come back again. Plus made a trip next door to the pizzeria.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"tasting table"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We like to stop here for lunch on our way to our summer home. My wife loves the salads and I like the pastrami and the Rueben. Sandwiches are all priced the same same. You get a lot of food and the service was friendly and good. Wait time after 1 Pm is short.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

For several years we've driven by this place and never stopped well we finally did and I'm glad because we found out it was a bakery, they have some of the best breads, we've brought quite a few home and even ordered the best one of all right after Memorial Day and I've never heard of a complaint from anyone who we've given these breads to try. We were not disappointed.

1  Thank mimaq
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We really like pizza. This is not the kind of pizza we are used to. The cheese was half mozzarella, scattered on top, and half Romano. I figured a fairly thick mozzarella topping with Romano over it for sharpness. No. If we ever go again, I will ask for ALL mozzarella., maybe even extra mozzarella. They didn’t even offer all mozzarella on the menu. Maybe if enough people order it, they will.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Heading home from vacation further north in Maine, I stopped by the When Pigs Fly Company Store, one of my Top Five Bakeries, for a loaf of one of the wonderful all-natural classic or artisan breads made there.

It’s always a difficult decision on which variety to buy because they are all so delicious! So, one has to sample some of the breads at the table in the back. The company demonstrators are usually slicing up four different kinds of bread and have spreads to go with them. They can answer most questions; otherwise, they'll refer you to the person who walks the floor.

On this visit, I sampled the Tomato Bread with the spread made with eggplant mixed with something red - likely either tomato or sweet red pepper. I loved both. The two were a perfect combination. I fully intended to buy a loaf; however, the loaves for purchase in the display baskets had blackened bottom crusts. That was a disappointment.

Consequently, I went with my favorite: the Low-Carb Whole Wheat which is full of healthy flax seeds. It was $5.00.

I rate this experience at When Pigs Fly Comany Store at 4.50. I highly recommend stopping by for the bread and a spread of some kind to go with it.

For bread-lovers, this is definitely an attraction to add to the itinerary in Southern Maine.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

2  Thank Maurene_K