Open today: 10:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Very good Bread

The store is very homey and the staff are great. The bread is amazing. We love every kind we have... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
LisaS0224
excellent breads

This is a phenomenal bakery with all sorts of breads. Some that I've tried include the - chocolate... read more

Reviewed 12 December 2018
letsdine0ut
Albany, New York

Recommended experiences in and around Kittery
All reviews pizza bread cookies next door free samples chocolate cream salad sandwiches apple cinnamon whole wheat mango baked goods olive oil low carb donuts soft pretzels granola
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We like to stop here for lunch on our way to our summer home. My wife loves the salads and I like the pastrami and the Rueben. Sandwiches are all priced the same same. You get a lot of food and the service was friendly and good. Wait time after 1 Pm is short.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Joe L
Reviewed 7 June 2018

For several years we've driven by this place and never stopped well we finally did and I'm glad because we found out it was a bakery, they have some of the best breads, we've brought quite a few home and even ordered the best one of all right after Memorial Day and I've never heard of a complaint from anyone who we've given these breads to try. We were not disappointed.

1  Thank mimaq
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We really like pizza. This is not the kind of pizza we are used to. The cheese was half mozzarella, scattered on top, and half Romano. I figured a fairly thick mozzarella topping with Romano over it for sharpness. No. If we ever go again, I will ask for ALL mozzarella., maybe even extra mozzarella. They didn’t even offer all mozzarella on the menu. Maybe if enough people order it, they will.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Heading home from vacation further north in Maine, I stopped by the When Pigs Fly Company Store, one of my Top Five Bakeries, for a loaf of one of the wonderful all-natural classic or artisan breads made there.

It’s always a difficult decision on which variety to buy because they are all so delicious! So, one has to sample some of the breads at the table in the back. The company demonstrators are usually slicing up four different kinds of bread and have spreads to go with them. They can answer most questions; otherwise, they'll refer you to the person who walks the floor.

On this visit, I sampled the Tomato Bread with the spread made with eggplant mixed with something red - likely either tomato or sweet red pepper. I loved both. The two were a perfect combination. I fully intended to buy a loaf; however, the loaves for purchase in the display baskets had blackened bottom crusts. That was a disappointment.

Consequently, I went with my favorite: the Low-Carb Whole Wheat which is full of healthy flax seeds. It was $5.00.

I rate this experience at When Pigs Fly Comany Store at 4.50. I highly recommend stopping by for the bread and a spread of some kind to go with it.

For bread-lovers, this is definitely an attraction to add to the itinerary in Southern Maine.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

2  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Wow! The store is fantastic. Lots of delish breads, jams, oils, etc. to choose from. You can taste all the breads before you purchase. You can have them sliced or not! A must do while in the area!

Then, there's the restaurant! So, so delicious! The best Italian sub you'll ever eat! All menu fare is outstanding! Great local brews and drinks as well.

You can't go wrong!