All reviews beautiful grounds hot breakfast linen closet walking trails non profit main guest rooms are basic the river private bath minute walk to the town guesthouse offers attend mass honor system staff was very friendly and helpful large swimming pool peaceful stay picnic tables
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Rooms are simple but good. The grounds are amazing. Best to walk to downtown and avoid driving. Kennebunk...wonderful! Pleasant little bay with boat trips. The warf is full of restaurants plus a micro brewery...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Came on a trip with my Dad. We were looking for something affordable and found this place online. We were happy with the price and accommodations. This place is simple--no frills or luxury. If you're looking for a cushy bed and breakfast then go elsewhere and pay more. If you just need a quiet place to lay your head, then this is the spot. It reminds me more of a retreat center or high-end camp rather than a full-on hotel.

The dinners (cost extra) were fantastic--we lucked into a Maine Lobster Dinner there at the house the night we arrived and Dad and I have never eaten such an incredible meal. The food is served buffet style. There was the freshest corn on the cob ever, the potatoes were heavenly and the lobster was bliss. We had dinner again the next night of turkey, Lithuanian sausage, etc. I wasn't impressed with the continental breakfast, but for $4 you can eat hot breakfast which was okay. We wished for yogurt and there wasn't any. The atmosphere and clientele reminded me of a senior center, but in a charming way. You bus your own plates at dinner and breakfast.

The saltwater pool was very salty-more so that the ocean, and when I put my head underwater my eyes stung. Water was colder than I'm used to, but I'm used to bath water pools in the South--someone more cold tolerant would be fine. The pool lounges were tall and easier to get up and down from than most pools which I appreciated.

Overall our stay was very pleasant and we would come again and would definitely recommend to a friend.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank GiGi L
Reviewed 1 August 2016

The rooms are very simple. I stayed for 3 nights. The grounds are beautiful and the pool is large and convenient. Breakfast was continental with a large variety of things. I felt very safe here. Lot of people I met have stayed here for years. For what I needed, this was the place. If you are looking for luxury go elsewhere. I would recommend this place for simple, quick, affordable, clean rooms and a good time.

Room Tip: no elevators, stairs only
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank 225roses
Reviewed 11 July 2016

room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful, great breakfast was included. walking distance to dock square was convienent. beautiful grounds with a hiking trail that goes along the river

Room Tip: no elevator
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

I wasn't sure of what to expect. The price was good for the area and time of year, but the rooms were very outdated. Our room was clean. Staff was nice and they had breakfast.

I don't regret our stay, but I may go elsewhere in the future.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family