“Great Food, Small Place!”

Hurricane's Cafe & Deli
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Greene
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While I can't speak to their lunch menu, I can advise everyone that this is a great local breakfast restaurant or "dive" if you will! The Hurricane is small with limited parking, but even so we've never spent more than 10 or 15 minutes waiting at the door. Being such a small restaurant with an open view of all the seating it can be a little loud and the seats are pretty close together, but children are more than welcome (very family friendly). The service is always great and the people are friendly. The menu has quite the selection for breakfast items from omelettes to little "platters" that include a few items like eggs, corn-beef hash, home fries, etc. I have to say that I don't like corn-beef hash, but my boyfriend is just about obsessed with this place and their corn-beef hash! Overall this place has some yummy food and wonderful staff, but it isn't my absolute first choice for dining, even for breakfast, and that's why it's a four out of five.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Staff ignored my son’s and I for quite some time. We were about to walk out when someone finally asked what we wanted.

$35 on 3 sandwhices that had no flavor or spread when we asked for steak sauce we were told there was none. My teenage son’s that eat everything in sight didn’t even finish. On the way out we saw steak sauce on the shelf. Wasted money. They went home and had cereal.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I stopped here on my way to the airport. It was the only place around that was still open. Service was great and the sandwich was delicious. However, the free pickle spear tasted like straight vinegar. Not sure if it was just a bad pickle or if all of them taste that way. Still a good place to get some quick grub. I'll stop by here again.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Went to this fantastic little cafe for breakfast with friends upon their recommendation. The staff was friendly and very attentive. And the food. Oh. My. Goodness. This was some of the BEST breakfast I have ever had. Homemade everything!!! Simply cannot be beat!!! Highly recommend to anyone traveling through the area!!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Had a great early dinner while meeting a colleague. The soups are amazing and you can even buy them frozen to take home!