“Bartlett Maine Estate Winery”

Bartlett Maine Estate Winery
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a really fun experience! I really enjoy alternative fruit wines and loved that Barlett had many to choose from. Kathe Barlett was so sweet and it was very fun to chat with her while my husband and I were in the tasting room. I thought the prices of the wines were just right, but I think it would be nice if the tasting fee included the souvenir wine glass. Overall, this is a beautiful winery with great wines and I can't wait to enjoy my raspberry wine that I purchased.

All reviews
"gifts"
"kathy"
"loganberry"

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We really liked this winery. Kathe Barlett, the owner, was very welcoming and gave us a really good history of the winery and the surrounding places. We bought several bottles of wine that we are now enjoying.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Bartlett Winery is located on a side road off Coastal US 1, Downeast of most of the usual tourist haunts of Maine (Bar Harbor is about 1 hour by car.) Set in the Maine woods, the winery and tasting room are approached by a rustic path. The wines are remarkably varied and well suited to the fare of the area including seafood and meat from organically grown animals. The dry blueberry is (who would have guessed?) a great accompaniment to beef, while the "coastal white" pairs well with seafood. Allow an hour or so for the tasting and for the selection of your favorites to enjoy while you're in Maine or take home with you.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I like their wines - I always have. My wife and I have purchased countless bottles from them. But, I won't go back. They now charge $5 a head to sample the product and the samples are not only far from generous, the fee cannot be applied to any purchase made. We've visited numerous wineries over the years and have tasted hundreds of wines - and have never been asked to pay for the privilege. I'm not sure of the reasons behind their decision to charge, but it felt onerous, smug, and opportunistic.