“Frozen broccoli stems and sliced deli chicken”

DragonFire Wood Fire Pizza
Ranked #25 of 53 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Description: Amazing wood fire pizza, crisp craft beer and wine, signature french fries, fresh salads, dense Stromboli, and PHENOMENAL WINGS!
Reviewed 28 January 2021 via mobile

Ordered a Chicken Alfredo pizza expecting real chicken and fresh broccoli, got a pizza covered in soggy frozen broccoli stems and Deli sliced “ chicken” .
The menu should be honest about what is on their pizza.
The pics show the soggy broccoli stems I removed from the pizza

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed 31 December 2020

Chef preparing pizza was wearing a plastic shield like a visor, not covering his nose or mouth at all. Cashier had a mask on, but not covering her nose. Another person who was hanging around out front, and walked in several times, was not wearing a mask at all. He was carrying his mask in his hand, seeming like he was daring someone to confront him. He was spewing profanities out front on our way in.

Expected more given what’s happening.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 30 November 2020

Our bad visit at lunchtime on Saturday Nov. 28th was maddening and completely avoidable. My family of 4 walked in, wearing our masks as directed on the door. We had high expectations from the Bangor Metro "Best of" lists. All four staff were not wearing masks! My family's response was initially disappointment and we just bought two sodas in sealed containers and left. We did not dare take the risk of getting Covid-19 from such poorly supervised and trained staff, so we immediately walked out. This disappointment later turned to anger as I processed how dangerous the staff were being with their customers' safety and disregarding state laws. The inconvenience to follow all guidelines put my family's safety behind comfort and convenience to staff. In tough times for small businesses, I was saddened to not feel the basic trust I require in order to patronize any restaurants during the pandemic. DragonFire Pizza flouted all of the recommended practices and therefore will not (ever) get my business.

1  Thank Dadinamask
Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

Not sure what all the hype is about. This place is mediocre compared to Finellis. I purchased a slice on Saturday from both spots and this place couldn’t compare to the best pizza in Ellsworth- Finellis.

1  Thank PES211990
Reviewed 25 November 2020

We stopped in after a cold day sightseeing, it doesn't look much from outside but trust me, give it a try. We were starving so ordered cheese fries, garlic bread, cheese pizza and a meatball sub. Everything was ready in about 10-15 mins, piping hot and good & tasty. We all enjoyed everything, well we didn't eat everything but wish we could have. The staff were friendly. We ate inside, but they were booming on take out service. We will visit again before we leave.